• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Norv Turner sucks

therealmjl

20 minutes ago, mjligon said:

49ers teeing off on us all day and not a single screen pass to the most electrifying running back in the league.

This. And Shanahan had every screen possible drawn up to counter and exploit our pass rush.

It was embarrassing 

Lol, I CANNOT believe I just read a Shula over Norv comment...

1) Our offensive catalyst is out hurt

2) EVERY team we play knows this

People let the NO, and ARI game blind them, Kyle is a back up, it's going to limit the offense, if you fed into that bs media narrative that our offense ''seemed'' more ''open'' with Kyle you were fooling yourselves. 

TBF we faced a hell of a defense in SF, but vs HOU, and JAX we saw this from the team, we've been relying on CMC, and the defense this whole time. We were one of the best offensive teams last year up to Cam's injury. 

I don't understand how so many people just forget the reality, and that was with us featuring Funchess, and Smith....let that sink in. 

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

You mean bringing in an offensive mind still living off what he did in the 90's/2000's and even his kid while interviewing no one else maybe wasn't such a hot idea?

There's a specific reason Rivera only sought out Norv when the time came to replace Shula. There's no coincidence Turner also made it quite clear he had no interest in being a head coach again.

This is such a dumb narrative. Do you realize how rare it is to fire a HC and replace him with one of his coordinators that isn’t some interim situation where the HC is getting fired regardless? He hired him because they are friends which is a common theme for Ron(which is even more stupid btw), not because he wasn’t a threat to take over as HC.

2 minutes ago, Bartin said:

This is such a dumb narrative. Do you realize how rare it is to fire a HC and replace him with one of his coordinators that isn’t some interim situation where the HC is getting fired regardless? He hired him because they are friends which is a common theme for Ron(which is even more stupid btw), not because he wasn’t a threat to take over as HC.

Ron hasn't looked outside of his own coaching tree or comfort zone since hiring Sean McDermott all those years ago.

Hey if you want to make excuses have at it. But people are sick of watching this franchise commit seppuku in primetime. And I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it, but that problem unequivocally begins with this coaching staff.

5 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Ron hasn't looked outside of his own coaching tree or comfort zone since hiring Sean McDermott all those years ago.

Hey if you want to make excuses have at it. But people are sick of watching this franchise commit seppuku in primetime. And I'm sorry if you don't want to hear it, but that problem unequivocally begins with this coaching staff.

What excuse did I make? Me not going along with whatever fantasy you have concocted in your head isn’t making excuses. He needs to go if we don’t make the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Lol, I CANNOT believe I just read a Shula over Norv comment...

1) Our offensive catalyst is out hurt

2) EVERY team we play knows this

People let the NO, and ARI game blind them, Kyle is a back up, it's going to limit the offense, if you fed into that bs media narrative that our offense ''seemed'' more ''open'' with Kyle you were fooling yourselves. 

TBF we faced a hell of a defense in SF, but vs HOU, and JAX we saw this from the team, we've been relying on CMC, and the defense this whole time. We were one of the best offensive teams last year up to Cam's injury. 

I don't understand how so many people just forget the reality, and that was with us featuring Funchess, and Smith....let that sink in. 

I want you to explain how Norv is better then Shula.

Rivera had been wanting to hire Turner pretty much since he became available, primarily because he considers Norv a mentor and one of the greatest offensive minds in the league.

Norv has come out and said that his wife told him she'd kill him if he took another head coaching job, but I don't think that comment came until after Rivera had already tried to get him.

But one thing regarding the idea of not hiring coaches who might threaten you: Might wanna take a look at some of the offensive assistants we've hired lately.

There were other names available, including some that would have been familiar to Turner or Rivera, but we didn't go after those guys. Why?

Could it be that someone doesn't want any competition to his son being heir apparent to his job?

I confess that notion falls into full-blown tinfoil-hat territory, but think about it.

13 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

Oh god now we have come full circle. We have Shula supporters.  His only two plays were read option and bomb.

Yeah fug Shula. Was only the OC for a playoff team 4 out of 5 years. Cams best years and no real WR or RB talent.  Bet Cam wishes Shula was here.

Archived