• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dwayne Jarrett quote from 2007 in practice after getting drafted.

X-Clown

• 1 month later...

He's comparing his speed to Rice's to show that speed isn't everything. Where are you dumbasses getting that he claims to be the next Jerry Rice?

Sorry for the bump, but I missed this post. You really don't think it's ironic that Jarrett is saying that he's going to make a difference by being a great route runner?

qoute pre draft

"He's a football player," said Miami Dolphins general manager Randy Muller, who dismissed comparisons between Jarrett and former USC receiver Mike Williams

, who has flopped with Detroit. "That's a prime example of 'just watch the film.' He has one of the better sets of hands that you'll ever see. He's a big man and he catches it when he's covered. Those are all good things. Who knows how he'll turn out, but this guy's got the skins on the wall.

"When he does get covered, you can't underestimate how big the man is, so he can catch it when he's covered. He's going to be a really good red-zone target because of that. Again, it's about taking a guy's skill set and putting him in a position where his strengths are accentuated. You aren't going to ask him to run by corners all day."

qoute pre draft

"When he does get covered, you can't underestimate how big the man is, so he can catch it when he's covered. He's going to be a really good red-zone target because of that. Again, it's about taking a guy's skill set and putting him in a position where his strengths are accentuated. You aren't going to ask him to run by corners all day."

lol good job fox

I get what he was trying to say: a bad 40 time doesn't mean you can't be a good WR in the NFL.

I think it's hard to evaluate Jarrett in a Jake-locks-on-Smitty offense. In reality, how many opportunities has Jarrett had to prove himself in games? People always remark how good Jarrett looks in practice, but he gets so few reps in games that it's reasonable to think he could be great if he would get more opportunities.

Again another show if misuse by fox and co. why is jarrett running fly routes? he is 6' 5" about 220. what db is going to cover him? even if he is slow he can go up and get it. they would have to commit pass interference to stop him fades, dig routes working the middle should be where he should be at. the problem with fox and davidson offense is that they think every peice is interchangeable and it is not. the x reciever cant run the same routes and plays as the y reciever. they try to run sweeps with stewart, when he is better between the tackles pounding guys.

Again another show if misuse by fox and co. why is jarrett running fly routes? he is 6' 5" about 220. what db is going to cover him? even if he is slow he can go up and get it. they would have to commit pass interference to stop him fades, dig routes working the middle should be where he should be at. the problem with fox and davidson offense is that they think every peice is interchangeable and it is not. the x reciever cant run the same routes and plays as the y reciever. they try to run sweeps with stewart, when he is better between the tackles pounding guys.

agreed

Jarret is also laszy as sh!t and can't get open. I would much rather have a Kenny Moore in there who can get open and catch the ball than one that makes a grab every 4 games and drages the DB 5 yards. Why we continue to start Jarret is beyond me. He's horrible, and ranks up there with Jake. Time for another chant, "START the OTHER MOORE!!!"

Jarret is also laszy as sh!t and can't get open. I would much rather have a Kenny Moore in there who can get open and catch the ball than one that makes a grab every 4 games and drages the DB 5 yards. Why we continue to start Jarret is beyond me. He's horrible, and ranks up there with Jake. Time for another chant, "START the OTHER MOORE!!!"

why agian is he horrible?

Archived