• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Myles Garrett suspended indefinitely

bigpoppa

2 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Josh Norman had his helmet on when Odell launched into him with his helmet, yet some would consider that a worse offense than Miles swinging his helmet at Mason. Players are getting concussions out here, and while Mason could’ve gotten one from the helmet hit, Garrett could’ve gotten one from that kick.

Pouncey should be through for the year.

Exactly and Rudolph should be suspended at least one game. 

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

It is not about whether Garrett inflicted significant brain damage to Rudolph, lol.  Dude swung and hit him with a weapon, after the initial altercation had been separated, and long after he had initially ripped the helmet off of Randolph's head.

Sure, and a cleated foot is also a weapon, when you use it to kick someone in the head as they lay on the ground. 

And it all happened in the same 30 second clip, so it wasn't 'long after.' Stop with the nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Josh Norman had his helmet on when Odell launched into him with his helmet, yet some would consider that a worse offense than Miles swinging his helmet at Mason. Players are getting concussions out here, and while Mason could’ve gotten one from the helmet hit, Garrett could’ve gotten one from that kick.

So I think the key thing is that Rudolph did not have his helmet on.  As I said, for better or worse, the NFL considers actions (rather than outcomes) to be drastically worse against players that have no helmet on.  That is why plays get blown dead if a player loses a helmet etc.

There are plenty of hits in NFL games that have far worse ramifications physically for the players than the brawl at the end of the game last night.  The difference is the removal of the helmet and the use of it as a weapon.  Apparently, that caused a previous player to be suspended for 3 games (although 2 were preseason).  If this is the case, it makes sense that Garrett's would be more given the totality of the brawl.

29 minutes ago, Snake said:

After his QB went after Garrett again yes. Kicking and Punching a guy being held down on the ground is just as bad as a tap on the head. Hell Red Nose there didn't even fall to the ground. 

Garrett literally took a helmet and went upside Mason’s head.  Could of killed him with that blow.  

Pouney’s own hands were at the most risk of injury.   Garrett had a helmet on.  

The kick was too far but still.  Garrett goes through worse almost every series.  

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

So you think Rudolph should get almost nothing for attacking a player twice. I get he got his butt handed to him but just cause he did he gets a small fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I look at the video, and I've looked at it at least a handful of times now, I do not see Rudolph engaging in anything other than garden variety stuff you see in all sorts of NFL altercations where players get into it with each other. His actions do not strike me as extreme or unprovoked. He is hit after throwing the ball, dragged to the ground when the play is clearly over, a player twice his size refuses to get off him, and he struggles to defend/free himself. That's what I see.

Then I watch Garret swing a football helmet at another player's head like a weapon and Pouncey, after understandably defending his qb, indefensibly kicking another player who is already pinned to the ground. I neither like nor dislike any of the players involved, and I do not favor either team. To me that's what I see when I watch the video several times and that's why the punishments doled out so far make sense to me.

Just now, CRA said:

Garrett literally took a helmet and went upside Mason’s head.  Could of killed him with that blow.  

The kick was too far but still.  Garrett goes through worse almost every series.  

Garrett could’ve been killed with that kick to the head, or concussed. Having a helmet on hasn’t stopped these players from getting concussions.

Just now, CRA said:

And a kick to the head of Garrett while being held down could have too. What's new. Not to mention it was all over but Rudolph came at Garrett and tried to rip his helmet off again when his boys were holding Garrett. 

6 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Norman’s blow was the worst I have seen in Carolina.  Worse than Cam’s Denver shots. 

Mason’s was worse than both.   As far as the act itself.  He was luckily the result wasn’t that bad.  That doesn’t take away from the act though.  

No way Pouncey gets year for throwing blows at a dude with a helmet on.  I mean there is literally years and years of years of dudes punching and kicking dudes in the pros and college with helmets on.

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

When I look at the video, and I've looked at it at least a handful of times now, I do not see Rudolph engaging in anything other than garden variety stuff you see in all sorts of NFL altercations where players get into it with each other. His actions do not strike me as extreme or unprovoked. He is hit after throwing the ball, dragged to the ground when the play is clearly over, a player twice his size refuses to get off him, and he struggles to defend/free himself. That's what I see.

Then I watch Garret swing a football helmet at another player's head like a weapon and Pouncey, after understandably defending his qb, indefensibly kicking another player who is already pinned to the ground. I neither like nor dislike any of the players involved, and I do not favor either team. To me that's what I see when I watch the video several times and that's why the punishments doled out so far make sense to me.

Look at it when Garrett takes him down. He clearly grabs at his helmet and tryst to pull it. Then he gets mad and reaches for it again when Garrett is being held. 

Archived