• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mandalorian

Ja  Rhule

Episode 5 was the weakest yet IMO. I really enjoy just being immersed in that world again, but this one felt really low budget. Jon Favreau is great and all, but it's obvious he cast his friend's kid in the young bounty hunter role, and he wasn't very good. 

One thing on my wish list is that over the series they'll get a little less ham-fisted with the exposition. I understand it's necessary, but more scalpel, less crowbar, please.

yeah that actor was terrible, and it seemed they had some real lighting issues that couldn't be corrected properly in post. But the writing for the young bounty hunters character was terrible to start with. The mechanic creeped me out lol and more bad dialog, but it is in keeping with how a Star Wars show should be done, that is, accessible to teens and enjoyable to adults. 

Even this episode showed a great love by the writers for Star Wars lore and looked terrific when not too murky. The mechanic sure wasn't fazed by the death of the young bounty hunter, the idea she would flippantly order the droids to take him out to Beggars Canyon suggests she's dealt with the disposing of bodies before. Creepy!

45 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

yeah that actor was terrible, and it seemed they had some real lighting issues that couldn't be corrected properly in post. But the writing for the young bounty hunters character was terrible to start with. The mechanic creeped me out lol and more bad dialog, but it is in keeping with how a Star Wars show should be done, that is, accessible to teens and enjoyable to adults. 

Even this episode showed a great love by the writers for Star Wars lore and looked terrific when not too murky. The mechanic sure wasn't fazed by the death of the young bounty hunter, the idea she would flippantly order the droids to take him out to Beggars Canyon suggests she's dealt with the disposing of bodies before. Creepy!

The mechanic was Amy Sedaris! 

Also, this episode must have been the Chef! movie crossover as she was in that, as was Bobby Cannavale, the young bounty hunter's father IRL. 

Archived