• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why blame Marty?

Matt62881

11 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Gettleman’s got a job in 6 months based on his work in CAR. Hurney got an AM radio gig  and still hasn’t gotten a call from another NFL team. 

What would be the basis for Hurney being better. By what? He didn’t cut your favorite player? I see no reasonable evaluation that favors 80% success vs absolutely nothing. 

736edlH.jpg

Just now, Car123 said:

736edlH.jpg

So now team records mean something? Is that the point? Because Gettleman has sucked in a rebuilding effort.? But when the huge disparity under nearly identical circumstances of their W-L records is brought up its dismissed and ignored. 

They were many GM choices that could have been better than both. I didn’t care if Gettleman was gone. That was right after Matt Kalil signing of which I was the loudest critic. But to re-hire a guy who ran the team into the ground, left it in cap he’ll, and hadn’t spent a second in the NFL since you fired him. And that was supposed to be a good thing? LOL

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So now team records mean something? Is that the point? Because Gettleman has sucked in a rebuilding effort.? But when the huge disparity under nearly identical circumstances of their W-L records is brought up its dismissed and ignored. 

They were many GM choices that could have been better than both. I didn’t care if Gettleman was gone. That was right after Matt Kalil signing of which I was the loudest critic. But to re-hire a guy who ran the team into the ground, left it in cap he’ll, and hadn’t spent a second in the NFL since you fired him. And that was supposed to be a good thing? LOL

2-8. Wasn't he rebuilding last year as well? And they are somehow worse. It seems like Gettleman rebuilds every year. It's what annoyed me when he was in Carolina. He never builds on success.

13 minutes ago, Car123 said:

2-8. Wasn't he rebuilding last year as well? And they are somehow worse. It seems like Gettleman rebuilds every year. It's what annoyed me when he was in Carolina. He never builds on success.

2018 was not originally a rebuild year for the Giants but it turned into one when Eli couldn't play any longer. This is the first true rebuild year. They have been dumping bad contracts the past two offseasons. Next year, they can have close to 70 million in cap space to work with in total if they release a few players here and there. They have the draw of the big city, a young QB to build around, and a ton of money to play with. If they suck next year, I'm all for calling Gettleman a bad GM. 

12 minutes ago, Car123 said:

The search function of this site sucks. You find a post of you criticizing Gettleman.

Here’s one defending Hurney and blaming Gettleman. Or would 1 of any of the hundreds of Matt Kalil contract threads do? Didn’t take but a minute when your not looking for that needle in a haystack out of thousands. 

And another.....why cant you find any? Hmmmm........

24 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Hurney doesn’t have to worry about that. He hasn’t sniffed ANY success in over a decade to build on . 

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Here’s one defending Hurney and blaming Gettleman. Or would 1 of any of the hundreds of Matt Kalil contract threads do? Didn’t take but a minute when your not looking for that needle in a haystack out of thousands. 

And another.....why cant you find any? Hmmmm........

No sane person would defend that contract.  4 years of being a GM and that's your only criticism. :)

1 hour ago, Car123 said:

No sane person would defend that contract.  4 years of being a GM and that's your only criticism. :)

You asked for a POST. I provided many of them. In separate threads. And have many more. Yet you, can only find a random throwaway post that makes excuses more than anything. That’s it. In four years? I’ve had plenty of occasions where I disagreed. Such as.....

Kony Ealy over A Robinson. 
  Drafting Funchess. 
  Not trading our 1st for Joe Thomas

Drafting Butler and Worley(unless they moved him to S)

Signing Kurt Coleman to an extension

The 2017 draft. I was against using a top 10 pick on CMC(who shoved the crow down my throat) 

Trading up for Daeshon Hall instead of waiting for Eddie Jackson and Carl Lawson. And I’ve complained about it ever since.  Stbugs knows this well as we complained about Gaulden the following year. See, unlike you, I don’t care who makes the move. 

How many more? Considering I offered to LEAVE forever and you STILL can’t produce anything, I guess desperation’s the next step. 

Considering you have found an entire ONE post  to claim your unbiased. Uhhhh..OK. Then question me about 20x that just in a couple threads alone. Ask Mr. Scot. He will tell you how much of a Gettleman homer I am. He got to hear a lot of it.. 

And there were plenty of the normal crowd  that were mad as hell at me for bashing Kalil signing. And the contract. And why did it take all that time to figure out that it wasn’t Hurney who restructured Kalils contract. Does no one who supports Hurney know anything about the cap.Hold on.....that would make sense. Why did I have to come to his defense? 

54 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You asked for a POST. I provided many of them. In separate threads. And have many more. Yet you, can only find a random throwaway post that makes excuses more than anything. That’s it. In four years? I’ve had plenty of occasions where I disagreed. Such as.....

Kony Ealy over A Robinson. 
  Drafting Funchess. 
  Not trading our 1st for Joe Thomas

Drafting Butler and Worley(unless they moved him to S)

Signing Kurt Coleman to an extension

The 2017 draft. I was against using a top 10 pick on CMC(who shoved the crow down my throat) 

Trading up for Daeshon Hall instead of waiting for Eddie Jackson and Carl Lawson. And I’ve complained about it ever since.  Stbugs knows this well as we complained about Gaulden the following year. See, unlike you, I don’t care who makes the move. 

How many more? Considering I offered to LEAVE forever and you STILL can’t produce anything, I guess desperation’s the next step. 

Considering you have found an entire ONE post  to claim your unbiased. Uhhhh..OK. Then question me about 20x that just in a couple threads alone. Ask Mr. Scot. He will tell you how much of a Gettleman homer I am. He got to hear a lot of it.. 

And there were plenty of the normal crowd  that were mad as hell at me for bashing Kalil signing. And the contract. And why did it take all that time to figure out that it wasn’t Hurney who restructured Kalils contract. Does no one who supports Hurney know anything about the cap.Hold on.....that would make sense. Why did I have to come to his defense? 

BS. Find the posts.

3 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

2018 was not originally a rebuild year for the Giants but it turned into one when Eli couldn't play any longer. This is the first true rebuild year. They have been dumping bad contracts the past two offseasons. Next year, they can have close to 70 million in cap space to work with in total if they release a few players here and there. They have the draw of the big city, a young QB to build around, and a ton of money to play with. If they suck next year, I'm all for calling Gettleman a bad GM. 

You could kind of see Eli teetering on the edge, but man did he fall off of it hard. Trading OBJ doesn't seem to be that big of a deal. He hasn't really produced anything in Cleveland either. They've had more injuries at WR that I think I have ever seen on a team before. I'm curious to see what he will do next year with some cap space, but whatever it is, I'm pretty sure he's going to end up pissing someone off. It's the Nippleshorts way. 

Archived