• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Cam Newton play football for the Carolina Panthers in the 2020-2021 season?

SBiii

Will Cam Newton play football for the Carolina Panthers in the 2020-2021 season?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. At the suggestion of @ickmule the question is posed to the broader membership.

• Yes --- Cam will play for the Panthers in the 2020-2021 season.
    • No --- Cam will not play for the Panthers in the 2020-2021 season.

2 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

Yes,,  He's a steal at $20 million. The up sides are tremendous ,  the downsides are the injury and health, and look around the NFL today and the starting QB's who aren't playing due to injuries.  

Just for once ,,  find him a true Number 1 receiver. We've not had one since Smitty.  No All Pros at wide receiver.  He's made lemonade out of lemons his whole career here.

Eh, I don't think he needs a Julio or anything, DJ is pretty damn good and Curtis is okay when he can actually catch the ball.

We just need A WR who is 6'3'' to 6'5'' with hands to add to our current core . And actually use Curtis as the primary deep threat. 

I don’t think any of us know  With HIPAA laws, we will never fully know 

I know I miss him greatly. I always felt with Luke and Cam, we always had a chance.  I also always thought that only Rivera could have two generational talents and not get a ring 

My conjecture p, I believe he stays and Rivera and Hurney go 

I Believe  Tepper is a fan and if that foot heals and the shoulder is at least 80%, he is still better than most NFL QBs and it gives the Panthers time to decide the future 

42 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I don’t think any of us know  With HIPAA laws, we will never fully know

This HIPPA thing is trotted out by the local press on a regular basis -- I don't buy.

NFL player injuries are disclosed in full on a routine basis, doctors visited are named, procedures performed are explained, and time-frames for return are given. 

Brees, Barkley & Mahommes are recent examples of all of the above.

If there is truly something being hidden behind the "HIPPA" curtain....

....it's not related to the foot or shoulder injuries.

2 hours ago, stratocatter said:

No need to give out a new deal. In fact that would just not be a smart move. Team controls his rights under contract and then Franchise Tag.

I think he will play for the Panthers next year, and God forbid he injures something else, and costs us another season. Hoping for a good one.

You literally just said why he won’t be. 4 seasons in a row with major injury= bye

32 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Literally everybody with ANY knowledge in the organization says this lol.

Is everybody saying this because they believe Cam will never be healthy enough to play NFL football again?

What's the inside scoop?

Archived