• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This was on the interior DLine. The whole Defense is not devoid of talent!

Matt62881

Super Rosey colored glasses post. Outside of Bradberry, Luke, and KK when healthy our defense is trash. Next year Bradberry needs to be retained but everyone else is expendable. We need to draft heavy on Dline and Oline. And FA pick ups at CB, LB and WR. We will not be in the playoffs for awhile but hopefully we will have a GM and Head Coach to put us in the right direction. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Super Rosey colored glasses post. Outside of Bradberry, Luke, and KK when healthy our defense is trash. Next year Bradberry needs to be retained but everyone else is expendable. We need to draft heavy on Dline and Oline. And FA pick ups at CB, LB and WR. We will not be in the playoffs for awhile but hopefully we will have a GM and Head Coach to put us in the right direction. 

I might not fully agree with everything you said but thanks for the good reply, much better then the ones with no info. I just know we can't have everything and in ok with our safetys, Jackson is where we might disagree, i think he will continue to grow and i like Cockrell in the slot. I agree drafting heavy oline and dline but i think keep it to the interiors! Thanks again

The beginning of our wors started when we let Star walk in free agency... even though it was said he wanted out of carolina no matter.

Star was the unsung hero of the dline that ate up blockers and running lanes, allowing luke, TF ans shaq to roam sideline to sideline and make plays. We shoulda threw more money at him.

This is a tough time for a thread like this.  While I believe the points are valid.  This loss was ugly and still fresh.  In a couple days you'd probably get a better convo.  

To the topic: Its difficult to be disappointed in something no one has really seen or attempted but Ron Rivera and his "hybrid" defense is about as threatening as a "hybrid" at the drag strip.  Such a flippant idea with no real way to get the right players in a single offseason.  Knowing that to get to the QB we would have to give up the ground game. But he gambled and lost.  Now he gots. ta.  go.

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

This is the worst defense we have had since Rivera has been here

we just gave up 250 rushing yds to the worst rushing team in the league

there may be 1-2, maybe 3 keepers...the rest all need to be replaced 

Ehh worst coached and/or injured imo, our interior coming into the season was devoid of depth and KK got hurt, then Poe, and now Mccoy is at least hurting. You could see the drop off in run d for each player that went down, dont put the ground yards on the whole D, exspecially when keek has olineman in his face every play.

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Poe wasn’t that good when he was full strength

and we are horrible tacklers 

we need better players...period

Poe wasnt but honestly AP is a hard tackle in the 3rd level for dbs...they either got it all or not much because when they got it all our lbs had lineman in their face. As bad as Poe might be he would have helped today.

10 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Poe wasn’t that good when he was full strength

and we are horrible tacklers 

we need better players...period

This began to present itself near Fox's end too.  Sloppy tackling, poor effort.  New coach and all of a sudden they remember how to tackle.

Cam for years hid all our weaknesses . Now that he not here . The world finally see what this team has been hiding for years even with that other gm . We put average players on the field year in and year out . And don’t attack our weakness on either side of the ball. We refuse to get o line help . We refuse to get better comer depth . Don’t even talk to me about getting a competent safety . Idk what’s up with Luke he seem like he just over the whole football thing, aka putting his body on the line . We all seen this coming with this team let be honest . Just 3 years too late to actually do something about it . The front office and Ron sucks . Esp our scouting department man those guys are terrible 

You keep Luke, guys on rookie deals, and KK that's about it. You ask McCoy politely to sign a team friendly deal but don't be upset when he gets a better deal elsewhere lord knows that man has earned it. 

Before I thought we would keep one of Shaq or Bradberry now I think both might be gone. 

We're in for a hard reboot and a rough year next year boys 

Archived