• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Early 3 rd mock shows Panthers #14

raleigh-panther

If we pick IDL with the 1st pick I might need to step away from football or a while. When you're trying to rebuild a train wreck as quickly as possible you can't make major mistakes or the rebuilding just drags on forever. Build a stonewall o-line, add offensive weapons (Greg is done), keep looking for our franchise QB. The interior of our d-line at this point is low priority give who we have under contract, and our most pressing needs. 

53 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If we pick IDL with the 1st pick I might need to step away from football or a while. When you're trying to rebuild a train wreck as quickly as possible you can't make major mistakes or the rebuilding just drags on forever. Build a stonewall o-line, add offensive weapons (Greg is done), keep looking for our franchise QB. The interior of our d-line at this point is low priority give who we have under contract, and our most pressing needs. 

Unfortunately the only guys under contract will be KK and Poe.  Both aging vets coming off IR.  

In addition the 3-4 needs 3 starting DL.

Agreed OL needs to be looked at.  But that DL is just as much as a priority at this point.

And your right, you really do need a stonewall OL and weapons.  But none of that will matter if teams are running right at 200+ ypg

7 hours ago, ncfan said:

Unfortunately the only guys under contract will be KK and Poe.  Both aging vets coming off IR.  

Agreed OL needs to be looked at.  But that DL is just as much as a priority at this point.

And your right, you really do need a stonewall OL and weapons.  But none of that will matter if teams are running right at 200+ ypg

I don't want to play a 3-4 and pay Luke 15 million dollars to look like trash, and need multiple defensive linemen, and still get gashed in the run because we don't have a Vince Washington type NT, and we're not going to find one. Go back to the 4-3 to stop getting run through like a hooker, and get something out of our insane investment in Luke, KK, and Poe. We are locked into those guys, but we can look at FA for depth imo.

Make the o-line and weapons top priority, NO 1st round d-linemen. If we get eaten alive in run defense then we can address that issue the following season. We are rebuilding, not preparing for a SB run next season. We should lay the foundation for our future franchise QB. If we get gashed in the run the we pick even higher in the draft when we look for our QB.

9 hours ago, ncfan said:

Why would you assume we will be running a 3-4 next year? We clearly will have a different cordinator and head coach, and if I'm the new guy looking at things, it comes down to between asking Burns to bulk up or having Luke play in a system that makes the best MLB of his generation look lost.  Lock Burns in the weight room and switch back to 4-3.

53 minutes ago, Snake said:

Man this year 3 wins gets you almost out of the top 10. Really down year. 

I'm pretty confident some of these cellar dweller teams will pick up a win here and there at the end when they are either playing teams who's playoff seeding is locked and are resting starters, or other teams who are out of the playoffs, or even each other. 

14 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Why would you assume we will be running a 3-4 next year? We clearly will have a different cordinator and head coach, and if I'm the new guy looking at things, it comes down to between asking Burns to bulk up or having Luke play in a system that makes the best MLB of his generation look lost.  Lock Burns in the weight room and switch back to 4-3.

1. Tepper.  Tepper is and will mold this to the Steelers, whom have been a 3-4 team.

2. Personnel.  Yes, we need interior DL reguardless.  3-4 or 4-3.  All of Our edge rushers are built for 3-4.  Only Burns, Christian Miller, and Haynes are under contract for next year.

So not only will we have to get Interior DL this offseason.  Moving back to 4-3 just adds another hole.  Moving back to a 4-3 would set back the rebuild on D at least 2 more years as there will just be way to many holes to fix trying to transition back.

And the Luke getting lost.  

The 3-4 isnt Luke's problem.  The DL in front of him is the problem.

We could go to a 4-3, 5-2, doesn't matter.  When your interior DL is like a revolving door, and OL get open untouched shots at the MLBs.  Your MLB isnt going to look good.  We "go back to a 4-3", with our current DL.  Luke is STILL going to look terrible, even in "his system"

5 hours ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I'm pretty confident some of these cellar dweller teams will pick up a win here and there at the end when they are either playing teams who's playoff seeding is locked and are resting starters, or other teams who are out of the playoffs, or even each other. 

I'm pretty sure we are one of those teams lol. 

Archived