• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jim Harbaugh, what's he up to lately?

beastson

Harbaugh would be a short term success coach. He would wear quickly. Do I think he’d have success here? Undoubtably. But Tepper wants a long term consistent coach aka Steeler/Patriots. Is Harbaugh that? I’m leaning towards no. Big personalities fade quick. Parcels, Belicheck, Carroll, Tomlin are the exact opposite. Payton is a stand out but he has Brees and a top GM. For those reasons, and not a knock on Harbaugh, but I don’t see Tepper going for him.

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I've been a Michigan fan for a long time. I have hated the Harbaugh hiring. Michigan can and should draw a top recruiting class every year. The simple fact is, Harbaugh isn't getting it done. OSU absolutely owns Michigan every year and it's not even close. It's just a flat out as whoopin that doesn't even make it behind the shed.

I'm not delusional. I know OSU fields an excellent team year in and year out. But I watch Michigan football regularly and it's very common for that team to come out flat. Ive never seen a team that wins by 40 make it look hard, but the Wolverines  do it. They win most of the games they should win, some of the games that should be close in conference, and get dominated by big time opponents pretty regularly.

It's like what we've seen with Panther football already. Maybe he's got another NFL coaching run in him, I just hope to hell it's not here.

Yeah but he is also digging out of a pit of extremely mediocre years post-Carr. He has a better winning percentage now than Dabo Swinney did in his first five years and he's a much better coach than your prior two. TBH, if you fired him now, I don't really think that you would have many top shelf coaches beating down the door to be there. If having the success he has had is reason to fire someone, you may end up like Texass, playing coaching roulette as your luster fades. Or Tennessee who is largely becoming irrelevant in college football because they keep rolling coaches over and over(and because they had a terrible AD). 

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Doing a pretty solid job at Michigan but getting shat upon by their fanbase because they can't accept that OSU is just THAT far ahead of them as a program right now. College football isn't like college basketball where one elite recruiting class can immediately make you a contender.

He is like 1-11 against Top 10 teams.  What part of that ya a pretty good job.

He consistently has a top 5-10 recruiting class (great recruiter)....but underachieves cue hung them season after season.

I really don't care about what he's doing at Michigan. I just like making fun of their delusional fan base.

I do know he took a Colin Kaepernick QB'd 49ers team to the SB.

I don't really want Harbaugh and I think his overall personality is better suited to dealing with college players, but I love watching people gnash their teeth over it.

The good news is he won’t have to worry about beating Ohio State. He’ll just have to worry about helping a team to stop sucking in the NFC South. He came in to San Francisco and helped a team stop sucking in the NFC West. I have a pretty good amount of faith in the guy. Everywhere he’s gone, he’s made the program better. How much better? Of course, the Michigan fans will tell you a different story. I don’t care about Michigan fans. I care more about his track record in San Francisco, where he was wildly successful and turned around a very bad football team quickly.

37 minutes ago, ellis said:

The good news is he won’t have to worry about beating Ohio State. He’ll just have to worry about helping a team to stop sucking in the NFC South. He came in to San Francisco and helped a team stop sucking in the NFC West. I have a pretty good amount of faith in the guy. Everywhere he’s gone, he’s made the program better. How much better? Of course, the Michigan fans will tell you a different story. I don’t care about Michigan fans. I care more about his track record in San Francisco, where he was wildly successful and turned around a very bad football team quickly.

Not sucking is a depressing goal. 9-7 is not sucking. This fan base feels entitled to Super Bowls tight now.

Nobody is talking about Harbaugh going anywhere right now are they?  Anything is possible and I  could eat crow but this seems like a tangent distraction to do more than mention 

6 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Not sucking is a depressing goal. 9-7 is not sucking. This fan base feels entitled to Super Bowls tight now.

Nobody is talking about Harbaugh going anywhere right now are they?  Anything is possible and I  could eat crow but this seems like a tangent distraction to do more than mention 

Well, to be fair, that was a little bit of hyperbole. He turned a perennial loser into a three-time NFL semi-finalist. And it’s not as if he was absolutely set at quarterback with somebody like, say, Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers. 

No, nobody is talking about Jim leaving right now. I’m just responding to a Harbaugh thread. I’m sure there are some names that will come up that aren’t thought of as candidates at the moment. The process will get interesting over the next few weeks.

I have no idea if Tepper will even pursue that avenue. Just throwing my two cents out there.

5 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

I could see him making the team relatively respectable then leaving in 4 years because hes a jerk. The owner wants a long term fit and I would seriously question how Tepper would handle his persona.

Are we sure Trent Baalke wasn’t part of that problem? He was reportedly a difficult individual to work for, as well. Seems more like a personality clash than Harbaugh running around the office foaming at the mouth tearing down curtains with his claws. 

Archived