• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Interview Baylor's Matt Rhule

bobsfoodbasics

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Oklahoma beat the team that Rhule coaches... twice this year...

Both being single score games, not to mention Baylor had to resort to their 3rd string QB in the Championship.  Do you know how bad of a quality dip that is in college when you have to use your 3rd QB?  That's like Sean Glennon bad. 

It was amazing how quickly he fixed Art Briles sh*t stains which shows his re-buildable qualities in which we're diving right into as a franchise.  You can't look at coaches in such a microcosm.   This guy is getting interviewed for a reason.

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Oklahoma beat the team that Rhule coaches... twice this year...By your thinking, Rhule's teams play nobody and the best team they played all year just gave up like 12 offensive records set by LSU against Oklahoma and did most of it in the first half. Rhule coached in a very weak conference when at Temple and then joined another weak conference in the Big 12. Since we started having a playoff five years ago no team from the Big 12 has even won a playoff game. Its an also-ran conference.

Hey that's fine I think Rhule sucks as well. Never understood why so many of these idiots want him either. I don't want any college coach. When has one ever did that great or won a SB. I will wait.......

Just now, steven8989 said:

Hey that's fine I think Rhule sucks as well. Never understood why so many of these idiots want him either. I don't want any college coach. When has one ever did that great or won a SB. I will wait.......

Then you and I are on the same page. I think the hype is overblown with Rhule.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The report that he wants total control scares me.

I’d rather have it be very clear who is in charge than deal with power struggles like so many other teams do. Yes you have to hope like hell the guy you give the power to is the right man for the job but it definitely seems to work for guys like Belichick, Reid, Carroll...

Just now, Varking said:

Then you and I are on the same page. I think the hype is overblown with Rhule.

As of right now if I had to say McDaniels or McCarthy. I haven't even seen them say anything about Roman. That's a no for college coaches for me. I don't know how people overlook the success they have coming to the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Ok so he wins against bad teams? Loses the big games to teams that go on to lose big games in a bigger way?

For the record I don’t want anyone from the Big 12 which I hated the Grier pick. But if I had to choose between Riley and Rhule I’d rather take Rhule. 

Just now, t96 said:

I’d rather have it be very clear who is in charge than deal with power struggles like so many other teams do. Yes you have to hope like hell the guy you give the power to is the right man for the job but it definitely seems to work for guys like Belichick, Reid, Carroll...

Carroll and Reid don't have total control. They both have strong GMs in John Schneider and Brett Veach.

Belichick is the only guy I can think of who has final say in the NFL right now.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Carroll and Reid don't have total control. They both have strong GMs in John Schneider and Brett Veach.

Belichick is the only guy I can think of who has final say in the NFL right now.

We’re going to have a significant front office and a GM as well, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Reid and Carroll have final say. They do. Reid won a power struggle against John Dorsey.

Just now, t96 said:

We’re going to have a significant front office and a GM as well, but you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think Reid and Carroll have final say. They do. Reid won a power struggle against John Dorsey.

That I remember. And I don't doubt that he has a significant say.

For the record, there are rumblings in Pittsburgh that Mike Tomlin won a power struggle with Kevin Colbert too. 

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Pass on the evangelical who wants full control. We need a team of smart people not one dude.

Ooh did not realize how much this brother preaches.  That is kind of nauseating but he's at least not as bad as Dabo (Who will and should forever stay in college football or a service center)

Archived