• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Will Interview Baylor's Matt Rhule

bobsfoodbasics

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The report that he wants total control scares me.

In fairness, he has a good thing going in college and a great college head coaching gig pays about the same as the NFL. Why would you not want complete control? 

Not saying we should give it to him, obviously. I think we need to have a good team of people(front office and coaching staff) that are on the same page. I definitely don't like the idea of a one stop shop head coach/GM. Doesn't work out that often.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

In fairness, he has a good thing going in college and a great college head coaching gig pays about the same as the NFL. Why would you not want complete control? 

Not saying we should give it to him, obviously. I think we need to have a good team of people(front office and coaching staff) that are on the same page. I definitely don't like the idea of a one stop shop head coach/GM. Doesn't work out that often.

I get that, and yes a college coach would be used to full power. Unfortunately, I think it's too much for a guy with very little pro experience to handle.

Rhule was an assistant offensive line coach - basically an assistant to an assistant - for one season (2012 with the Giants). Now he wants to be an NFL head coach with full control? Yikes!

If he got the job, we'd have to hope he really is as good as he believes he is, because otherwise that could be a Chip Kelly like disaster

3 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Riley LMAO! Did u see what he did yesterday against a great team. Oklahoma plays nobody.

Oklahoma beat the team that Rhule coaches... twice this year...By your thinking, Rhule's teams play nobody and the best team they played all year just gave up like 12 offensive records set by LSU against Oklahoma and did most of it in the first half. Rhule coached in a very weak conference when at Temple and then joined another weak conference in the Big 12. Since we started having a playoff five years ago no team from the Big 12 has even won a playoff game. Its an also-ran conference.

This guy suck so bad. I really don’t know why Panthers fans are so obsessed with him. Still waiting on someone to tell me why we should hire this guy. 

Rhule has been with Baylor for 3 seasons now. He won a total of 1 gm during his first season. Finally won 11 this season to bring his record to 19-19; a .500 record. Take it back to his Temple days, he got a record of 47-42. If you want an 8-8 .500 team, sure hire the man. 

Archived