• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke’s retirement + cap

Actionman0z

6 minutes ago, panther4life said:

He’s probably aware of that. But based on his post history, he likes to blame everything on Hurney! He wants Hurney’s performance to seem worse than reality says it is.

When we suck, people want heads to roll and Hurney has been a hated man on here for a while. I’d say about half the hate is justified and half is just easier on their minds to blame Hurney for poo out of his control.   

I don't have to make anything "seem" worse than it is....it's literally right in front of us.

We are a dumpster fire.

Or, if you like you can go back and look at Hurney's winning seasons and playoff appearances over his career here?  Whichever, I don't have to try to make Hurney look bad, he's doing just fine on his own.

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I don't have to make anything "seem" worse than it is....it's literally right in front of us.

We are a dumpster fire.

Or, if you like you can go back and look at Hurney's winning seasons and playoff appearances over his career here?  Whichever, I don't have to try to make Hurney look bad, he's doing just fine on his own.

I don’t disagree he’s made mistakes and the team is in disarray right now. I do however try and be objective and not mis-attribute blame and or praise on any one person. 

I often find myself in a position of defending Hurney because so many don’t take an objective approach and blame him for poo that isn’t his fault.

You either have to think Tepper is a complete moron or respect the fact that maybe he’s more objective of about this team than you are. He kept Hurney for a reason. Reasons you may not understand or even agree with. That’s fine but at some point you have to realize he’s invested heavily in this team and continues to do so. If he wanted a new GM or thought Hurney was 10% as bad you do, he’d have canned him and outbid everyone else for a guy he thinks can do better. 

@thefuzz You and many other fans clearly hate Hurney. The hate breeds more hate towards him. Hate is an emotion. Emotions over rule logic. I think that’s what happens here quite often when it comes to Hurney. 

That’s the easiest way I can explain it and why I think I’m able to be more objective about things in the grand scheme. 

Could I be wrong, hell yes. Do I think I am, no? But I think it’s fair to say I approach the subject with more objectivity than most. 

So maybe I’m wrong about not Blaming Hurney for Kalil’s awful contract that Hurney didn’t ink him to.  Maybe I’m wrong that he shouldn’t have cleared cap space to sign McCoy by restructuring Luke’s contract.

Could we hijack this thread and continue to disagree for another 10 post, because we both strongly feel our own opinions are right? Sure we can. But as I often do with other posters, especially on the subject of Hurney, I think now is a good time to agree to disagree and both go on with our lives. 

Enjoy the rest of your day!

2 minutes ago, panther4life said:

I don’t disagree he’s made mistakes and the team is in disarray right now. I do however try and be objective and not mis-attribute blame and or praise on any one person. 

I often find myself in a position of defending Hurney because so many don’t take an objective approach and blame him for poo that isn’t his fault.

You either have to think Tepper is a complete moron or respect the fact that maybe he’s more objective of about this team than you are. He kept Hurney for a reason. Reasons you may not understand or even agree with. That’s fine but at some point you have to realize he’s invested heavily in this team and continues to do so. If he wanted a new GM or thought Hurney was 10% as bad you do, he’d have canned him and outbid everyone else for a guy he thinks can do better. 

If I place blame on him that doesn't belong, I'm wrong for that, but I'm not really someone who does that.  However, I don't sugar coat anything that he does, and I don't stick my head in the sand about bad decisions he makes along the way.

If you challenging year in and year out like the Steelers or Seahawks or Pats, then I'm not going to bust your balls about restructuring...but if you are a bad team, and we are, it's flat out bad business.

I don't think that Tepper is a moron.  I also don't think that he knows the fine details of this team, and it's history under Marty Hurney.  I do.  However I do think that Tepper has made some very questionable decisions since acquiring the team, and I'm not afraid to state them.  Keeping Hurney and Ron around was the 1st one, and the biggest.  Now we find ourselves staring down the barrel of a complete rebuild.

18 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

"Panthers have a league high amount of dead money"...

That sounds familiar.

And could get worse. We still haven't heard anything about Greg. Given his respect for Luke, he'll probably give it a few days or more to make an announcement. 

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

And could get worse. We still haven't heard anything about Greg. Given his respect for Luke, he'll probably give it a few days or more to make an announcement. 

We will save about 8M if Greg hangs em up, but still adding another 3.7M to the dead number.

Thanks again Heniray, pushing that money down the line and BOOM....... Also thanks Luuuke for everything and not for the dead cap space. I guess he couldnt take watching himself play at a 94 level, when he was a 99/100 player. Dang Luke your team still needs that. Just shows you need to have a different mindset.

I do know Luke has had issues with BOTH thumbs for the the last few years. Along with countless knee, back, ankle, shoulder stuff ie normal NFL MLB wear and tear.

Archived