• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Current View of our Roster Update- I added my roster projection on Page 7 with FA and some Draft Picks.

Matt62881

1 hour ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't understand how y'all are giving Paradis more time. He'd be the first guy I'd cut and move GVR into C. Paradis was the worst acquisition of last year, the dude is absolute trash at C. 

There are probably 3 franchise Centers in this draft and at least 2 will most likely be there with our 2nd pick. Snag him and use paradis as a backup, fixing the center position will go a long way in making this line better.

1 hour ago, Pantha-kun said:

thats my wet dream draft. Holy fugk

Close for me except id sign a proven vet LT and draft D. Brown at 7. With him and Leki our Defense is fixed imo, if we sign back Tre and Bradberry of course. I want to see more of what little can develop into and would love a stopgap instead of drafting a possible bust. After the combine i may change my mind as I will be watching LTs and DTs the most.

2 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

There are probably 3 franchise Centers in this draft and at least 2 will most likely be there with our 2nd pick. Snag him and use paradis as a backup, fixing the center position will go a long way in making this line better.

Thats true, its just hard to invest a early 2nd at center. I say that with the understanding that it maybe the most important spot on the OL.  

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Thats true, its just hard to invest a early 2nd at center. I say that with the understanding that it maybe the most important spot on the OL.  

Its the only spot you will land a high IQ Franchise center that will be making your line calls, theres alot of value there. Also the only lineman that has to transition from snapping the ball to blocking. I would argue a great center will do more for the oline then a 1st rd rookie LT with a much lower bust rate. Not to mention not every draft will there be 3 viable ones and they seem to always go toward the top of the 2nd.

18 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

I spent an hour writing this lol, so please read if you have the time and give me your opinions on what you think I got right and what I got wrong. I seriously think if we resign our FAs on defense and fix our run D by getting at least 2 Dts capable of disrupting run schemes it will have a ripple effect to the lbs then secondary and fix the whole D. I'm on the D. Brown train at 7 currently.

Thanks for spending time to create a great and factual thread.

In this Scenerio Cam is kept, Tre, Bradberry, McCoy, and Irvin are retained. Kendall Fuller and Jason Peter's are signed via free agency. Draft picks will be added. I might have missed some FAs please bare with me. All draft picks that aren't labeled (4th through 7th) are bpa and may or may not happen. Not including special teams.

OFFENSE

Qb- Cam Newton, Kyle Allen, Will Grier or draft Pick

Wr- D.J. Moore, Curtis Samuel, Chris Hogan, Jarius Wright, Zylstra

TE- Ian Thomas, Chris Manhertz, Draft Pick

HB- CMC, J. Scarlett 

LT- Jason Peter's, Greg Little

LG- Dennis Dayley, Draft Pick

C- 2nd Rd Draft Pick, Paradis, Larsen

RG- Trai Turner

RT- Taylor Moton

DEFENSE

EDGE- Burns, Addison, Obada, Haynes, Miller, Irvin

DT- Derrick Brown, KK Short, 3rd Rd Pick(Leki would be a dream come true), McCoy

OLB- Burns, Irvin, Haynes, Miller, draft pick

MLB- Shaq, Smith, Carter, draft pick

CB- Bradberry, D-Jax, J Elliott, Kendall Fuller

SS- Eric Reid

FS- Tre Boston

I made this because I keep hearing alot of people saying there is no way we will be truly competitive next year and that if we tried to be semi competitive it would hurt our future. I think this roster is doable given our draft position and cap space. I dont see why without proper coaching this roster couldn't compete with any team in the NFL. Maybe I'm over positive but I feel like I covered all my bases.  Please let me know your opinions or where you would change something.  Remember I made this to compete next year! On defense I have edge rushers and Olbs overlapping because I feel we will deploy the nascar package on 3rd and long ect and rush a 5th guy namely the ROLB. I feel like our real base will be the nickel formation putting extra speed on the field with the pick of D. Brown wich is why kendall is so important. 

Seriously, anyone want to tell me where the problem with this roster and philosophy is? I even think we can have depth and rotations on our Dline next year! I personally dont want to watch another 2019....but even then we had a 5 game run against some pretty good teams. With a new coaching philosophy and hard, physical play we can do anything.

Derrick Brown in the 1st and Creed Humphrey/Tyler Biadasz/Nick Harris in the 2nd? Then Fotu and Kindley in 3rd and 4th?

sexy take me GIF by Archer

Maybe get lucky and have somebody sign Vernon Butler for big bucks so that we can get a 3rd rd compensatory pick and scoop up Nick Coe as well? Lawwwwd

12 minutes ago, Icege said:

Maybe get lucky and have somebody sign Vernon Butler for big bucks so that we can get a 3rd rd compensatory pick and scoop up Nick Coe as well? Lawwwwd

Panthers would not be awarded that pick until 2021. And its unlikely Butler would result in a 3rd round.

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

4-3 roster? I’m telling you right now, Jordan kunazck will be our starting MLB next year. With Shaq and Simmons (draft pick)

I see us playing a 43 base but using the nickel mostly, that's why I believe a FA acquisition of Kendall Fuller will be so important. So a MLB and a ROLB, tbh they have similar roles unless deploying the nascar pack on passing downs wich any of Burns, Haynes, Miller, and if retained Irvin can play. With shaq I dont see us taking Simmons unless he is absolute BPA. Also would like to hold onto J. Elliot and Cockrell to give us the ability to play the dime in LONG situations. 

On 1/16/2020 at 3:42 AM, Verge said:

You also have to remember the...."positive side" of Luke and Cam being gone, that frees up our cap tremendously, we should be able to resign Bradberry (the only person we really should resign) and fill a lot of our holes in FA, along with whatever draft capital we get from Cam.

Luke retiring doesn't free up space just yet, broke all this down a couple days ago. 

The smartest thing to do at this point in time is see what you have with a healthy Cam, don't let the media poorly informed narrative / speculation feed your opinion. 

If you step back and look at this team, we have the ability to bring back the talent exiting on defense that we want to keep, offensively we do not have huge holes, OL needs an upgrade at LG, and we have two 2nd rounders at each T position entering their 2nd and 3rd year respectively. And the skill positions top depth is as good as we've had. (Moore / Samuel / CMC), with an actual NFL top 10 caliber QB under center we'd look COMPLETELY different. 

Cam is 30, and if Rhule is the leader Tepper believes him to be, and Brady is the offensive genius bringing us passing concepts similar to New Orleans, while also catering to a healthy Cam's ability you'd be foolish to tear ti all down for 2020. Add in top 7 picks in each round and we have a real chance to round out offensive / defensive talent / depth. 

I think the smart thing is to treat the roster how he treated the coaching, he gave Rivera a year (this past season) to see what he could do, I think the same can be said of Cam this season, what can he do THIS year, we need to know that before you do something as drastic as trading him, because we're NOT going to release a former MVP for 19M in space when we can get upwards of 50+ M already while keeping him, and using that to add / extend talent like Bradberry.

We're not getting Burrow, and Tua / Herbert will be gone by #6 (MIA / LAC). 

So if you're not getting a top QB, you play Cam, and no one is going to pay us a king's ransom with all of the ''if healthy'' talk as an excuse to drive the price down, Cam said he wants to be here, and Tepper said he wants a healthy Cam here, a lis-franc is not a career threatening injury, and he's had a full year of no wear on his arm. 

There's little reason not to expect an extremely motivated and healthy #1 heading into March / April. 

Archived