• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing to keep an eye on this offseason.

1of10Charnatives

Luke retired.

Olsen is leaving.

It's looking more and more like Cam might be traded.

We may wind up having a huge pile of cap space freed up when it's all said and done. I think the canary in the coalmine if Cam does in fact depart (still hoping that doesn't happen) for whether we're actually tanking for Trevor is what they do with all that space. If they actually spend a good chunk of it trying to sign quality players, then obviously not tanking, but if they go cheap and roll as much of that cap space forward as possible, then I'd say the tank is on.

5 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

The tank is on. Just embrace it

Not going to assume that because a lot of teams make moves like they're going to tank, but then go out and sign big ticket free agents anyway. I think the Dolphins are doing a true tank, and I think the 76er's much maligned "process" in the NBA was a true tank, but I think most teams that their fans say are tanking, either aren't actually doing it, or are doing it half arsed.

4 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Not going to assume that because a lot of teams make moves like they're going to tank, but then go out and sign big ticket free agents anyway. I think the Dolphins are doing a true tank, and I think the 76er's much maligned "process" in the NBA was a true tank, but I think most teams that their fans say are tanking, either aren't actually doing it, or are doing it half arsed.

They better not spend this money this off-season. Sign a few free agents and draft along the lines and then tank 

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

They better not spend this money this off-season. Sign a few free agents and draft along the lines and then tank 

I'm with you, and Tepper's words of warning to fans would seem to be a nod in this direction, but it just seems too many teams get caught up in the urge to try to fix it all in one go and not take a long term view. Roll that space forward, don't spend it.

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

If they cut Poe and trade/cut Cam and if my math is correct the panthers will have close to 70million in cap space according to OTC.

I have a funny feeling also that KK gets redone or cut as well.

Just now, JawnyBlaze said:

I don’t think the test is whether we spend money as much as if we get rid of Cam. Without Cam we’re tanking, intentionally or not. If Cam is healthy and ready to go, we can still be good with a few pieces added this year. 

by few you mean a lot right?  I just think we have too many holes to fix and one offseason with FA and draft will not be enough.

And thats the thing, if the reports are true that the panthers want to see Cam work out in march then we are on a collusion course.  All of this is assuming Cam still wants to be here.   I bet if he is cut someone will give him a 3 year 40million deal.

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If they cut Poe and trade/cut Cam and if my math is correct the panthers will have close to 70million in cap space according to OTC.

I have a funny feeling also that KK gets redone or cut as well.

I think we're stuck with KK for one more year regardless because of the contract rework, although if they truly are just clearing out all the old guard, maybe they do actually cut him and eat the cap hit. Now THAT would definately be a clear signal they're just tanking no matter what.

1 minute ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

I think we're stuck with KK for one more year regardless because of the contract rework, although if they truly are just clearing out all the old guard, maybe they do actually cut him and eat the cap hit. Now THAT would definately be a clear signal they're just tanking no matter what.

Well I mean he is on the wrong side of 30 and is coming off an injury so it would make sense to do it now.  How did he get so old so fast?  Damn time flies

if we play as hard as the dolphins next year i'm gonna be super happy.  their FO tanked but not their players or coaches. i think their fan base is feeling optimistic for the first time in a long time.   i'd be super happy to feel that way at the end of next year even if we only have 3 wins.

Archived