• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft night Thread to stop this hindsight 20/20 crap...

WOW!!

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is the deal to me--Who gives a poo?  There are several here who are more into posting attacks (even if it requires a time machine that goes back 8 years---sad) than they are actually contributing to the conversations.  They are socially-inept in that regard.  Adopt a few concepts:

You are not an expert.   Neither is anyone else.  Being right earns zero respect points.  It is Ok to discuss, but calling people out to simply starts fights is very dickish.

2.  Share your opinions--don't attack others because they disagree with you.  You might be right---people on here have various degrees of time commitment to the cause.  Let them express an opinion without being ambushed. 

3.  Focus on the team, not the poster.  We are all behind computers in different locations around the globe. We have fake identities.  It really does not take a lot of courage to talk to someone like you are some MMA badass when you are really some hopeless turd sucking down dollar menu burgers as you bask in McDonald's free Wifi.

4.  Remember, most of us are Panther fans.  A critical comment about a player is not "hate"--the only hate is what some direct toward people from criticizing their favorite players.  If you hug nuts, celebrate it, but don't insist we all should or be attacked by you. 

5. If I open a thread and make a post to tell everyone how stupid the thread is, understand that the option of ignoring the thread was available to you and you chose to contribute to the thread you are criticizing for being stupid.

If you can adopt these four rules, you will find the Huddle can be a place where you share ideas, debate concepts (without hate and name calling), and learn from each other. 

Here is the creed:  "I am not a turd because my opinions disagree with your opinions.  I will not attack others who disagree with me.  If I find it necessary to research archives to find a contradiction or misinterpreted, out-of-context statement to prove someone wrong,  I should have my  dosages adjusted during my next visit.  I do not get smarter by belittling others, and my ego should not be attached to getting likes (pie) on a discussion board.  I (am, am not) a troll, probably, but I may need a hobby or a sexual partner to realign my priorities a bit."

I agree except 4..

My biggest miss was Luke.  With Beason, I thought it was a bad pick.   I also wanted Fournette or OJ Howard with the CMC selection although I did end up mocking him because the team is so incredibly bad hiding their first round infatuations.  Was not a fan of the Burns pick simply for fit, but again I ended up mocking him anyway.

Now, I could go on and on about the picks the team actually did make and didn't pan out

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Here is the deal to me--Who gives a poo?  There are several here who are more into posting attacks (even if it requires a time machine that goes back 8 years---sad) than they are actually contributing to the conversations.  They are socially-inept in that regard.  Adopt a few concepts:

You are not an expert.   Neither is anyone else.  Being right earns zero respect points.  It is Ok to discuss, but calling people out to simply starts fights is very dickish.

2.  Share your opinions--don't attack others because they disagree with you.  You might be right---people on here have various degrees of time commitment to the cause.  Let them express an opinion without being ambushed. 

3.  Focus on the team, not the poster.  We are all behind computers in different locations around the globe. We have fake identities.  It really does not take a lot of courage to talk to someone like you are some MMA badass when you are really some hopeless turd sucking down dollar menu burgers as you bask in McDonald's free Wifi.

4.  Remember, most of us are Panther fans.  A critical comment about a player is not "hate"--the only hate is what some direct toward people from criticizing their favorite players.  If you hug nuts, celebrate it, but don't insist we all should or be attacked by you. 

5. If I open a thread and make a post to tell everyone how stupid the thread is, understand that the option of ignoring the thread was available to you and you chose to contribute to the thread you are criticizing for being stupid.

If you can adopt these four rules, you will find the Huddle can be a place where you share ideas, debate concepts (without hate and name calling), and learn from each other. 

Here is the creed:  "I am not a turd because my opinions disagree with your opinions.  I will not attack others who disagree with me.  If I find it necessary to research archives to find a contradiction or misinterpreted, out-of-context statement to prove someone wrong,  I should have my  dosages adjusted during my next visit.  I do not get smarter by belittling others, and my ego should not be attached to getting likes (pie) on a discussion board.  I (am, am not) a troll, probably, but I may need a hobby or a sexual partner to realign my priorities a bit."

This. Excellent points. Probably wont make a lick of difference but good points nonetheless. I personally dont mind most of the trolls, keeps it interesting but it does get annoying when you are trying to have a logical debate on a certain topic. No need to name call but it is what it is!

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I agree except 4..

I try to put on the GM hat--so when I analyze the situation, I am thinking about cap, contracts, age, health, etc. Others are being pure, loyal fans.  It is simply a different perspective, but the "huggers" can't see that.  To be honest, I played in college and know several former NFL players--I don't worship them or any human. I mean, your mailman makes a bigger impact on your life than an NFL player--and if I said something critical about the postal service, nobody would care.

10 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm sorry I disagree..

Maybe it's the person I am .. But I refuse to cheer for a move when it happens.. But a year later question what the GM was thinking (when I knew exactly what he was thinking and thought is was a great move at that price) because I was thinking the same way..

Poe is another one.. 85%of this board thought he would be better than Star for cheaper prices and now 85% acts like Hurney was a idiot for the move.. This math doesn't add up I'm sorry .

I’m impressed that 85% of a highly-homerific would(and does) love ANY move made by the team. So using seriously limited huddle “knowledge” as a basis doesn’t add up.

if we didn’t like a pick, and he’s good, does that mean I can’t give credit for the pick? Ever? How’s does your math figure that? 

At this point (pre combine etc.), I’d be happy with:

Round 1: DT Brown

Round 2: C Lloyd Cushenberry III (what an awesome name! and C for LSU, so he would also be way ahead on the new offense)

Round 3: WR/TE/DT ( will Leki be there?)

Might change completely change in a month :-)

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I try to put on the GM hat--so when I analyze the situation, I am thinking about cap, contracts, age, health, etc. Others are being pure, loyal fans.  It is simply a different perspective, but the "huggers" can't see that.  To be honest, I played in college and know several former NFL players--I don't worship them or any human. I mean, your mailman makes a bigger impact on your life than an NFL player--and if I said something critical about the postal service, nobody would care.

No I think their are some real biases behind some opinions.. And there are alternative motivations when it comes to some criticism on some certain players..

4 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

This. Excellent points. Probably wont make a lick of difference but good points nonetheless. I personally dont mind most of the trolls, keeps it interesting but it does get annoying when you are trying to have a logical debate on a certain topic. No need to name call but it is what it is!

I go back at them, and they simply try to get more personal--I like it at times because they are amusing.  But when someone I forgot about is quoting me from 8 years ago, time for some hobbies.  I figure that I must have hurt his ego or feelings--but to tie self esteem to a discussion board is problematic.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

I’m impressed that 85% of a highly-homerific would(and does) love ANY move made by the team. So using seriously limited huddle “knowledge” as a basis doesn’t add up.

if we didn’t like a pick, and he’s good, does that mean I can’t give credit for the pick? Ever? His does your math figure that? 

I said Visa-verce...

Example..

I hated the Luke pick and thought it was a waste with Beason and TD still on the roster.. And I admit I was a Asshole all draft night about that pick...

But I was wrong and Hurney made the right choice...

You see how I admitted my opinion while giving credit to ..

Instead of..

Luke was a easy pick to make it wasn't that hard for Hurney to do what 100% of ppl would have done ...

See the difference..

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

No I think their are some real biases behind some opinions.. And there are alternative motivations when it comes to some criticism on some certain players..

I am an educator, and I realized that your students do not improve without honesty--so I try to be objective--build on good ideas and challenge weak concepts until they are exposed without telling them what to think.  Telling somewhat what to think--or calling them wrong about something that is subjective--is so sandbox.  So I use a lot of metacognition when I direct discussions.   My students (graduate students--adults) learn this quickly if they did not already know it.

15 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I said Visa-verce...

Example..

I hated the Luke pick and thought it was a waste with Beason and TD still on the roster.. And I admit I was a Asshole all draft night about that pick...

But I was wrong and Hurney made the right choice...

You see how I admitted my opinion while giving credit to ..

Instead of..

Luke was a easy pick to make it wasn't that hard for Hurney to do what 100% of ppl would have done ...

See the difference..

What difference? I stated many times I liked the signing. Admitted I was wrong. Then evaluated the move for its impact to the team. Explain to me your issue with that? 

If I said I didn’t like it, you would complain that I judged every move. So what standards should we go by on your perfect board.

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What difference? I stated many times I liked the signing. Admitted I was wrong. Then evaluated the move for its impact to the team. Explain to me your issue with that? 

If I said I didn’t like it, you would complain that I judged every move. So what standards should we go by on your perfect board.

This is not personally directed at you.. You know that right??

If you're already stating your personal opinion when the move happens (admitting prior opinions) and contextual explain where you see it went wrong then this isn't about you.. 

Come on dude really?? Lol

Archived