• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Tackle draft rankings

raleigh-panther

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He didn't look athletic at all in that game. Epenesa isn't the fastest DE out there, he's much more of a power guy than a speed guy and yet he was blowing Jackson's doors off at the snap.

I seen in mocks that the Giants will either pick Thomas or Willis.  Would you take Willis at #7 if he is on the board?  

18 minutes ago, cmichd said:

I seen him rated #2 to #3.  Walter is the only one I seen had him rated at #5.  

Nit sure what sites your reading but litterally no one has him in the top 4 OTs

Matt Miller has him OT #5 and a 2nd rounder.

Draftnetwork has him as OT #7 and a late 2nd

CBS has him OT #5

Nfl.com Daniel Jeremiah has him OT #5

etc.

If I'm in charge of the draft I will take Thomas at 7. If he is gone then things become very interesting because there are highly attractive picks at 7 due to Thomas already being selected. There will be at least one player on the board at 7 who will make teams below us salivate, which puts us in a position to trade down. With Thomas gone we could trade down and still address the o-line.

As much as I really love Brown as the pick at #7, I almost feel that you have to take an OT, FINALLY, with this pick. The Panthers have been cursed with bad OT drafts when they've picked higher in recent efforts. This draft has some good ones, and I think you have to pull the trigger on a guy like Thomas or Becton. 

We're basically in a fantastic situation. We're in the drivers seat because even if Thomas doesn't fall someone in a lesser position of need will fall. That someone is going to be a fuging beast you can't get after the 7th pick. We can dangle this pick in front of teams who need exactly that player. Perfect. Just as an example, there is only one shut down CB in this draft, and he might be sitting there at 7. Trade! And there are other possibilities as well, so it's all right there for the taking. We suffered all season, and now we get a reward. What if that monster Brown is there at 7? Teams will blow up our phone for a trade imo. Take it and let's rebuild this team!

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Nit sure what sites your reading but litterally no one has him in the top 4 OTs

Matt Miller has him OT #5 and a 2nd rounder.

Draftnetwork has him as OT #7 and a late 2nd

CBS has him OT #5

Nfl.com Daniel Jeremiah has him OT #5

etc.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OT.php

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Tackles-2020-NFL-Draft.asp

https://www.draftsite.com/article/2020-draft-offensive-tackle-rankings/909/

these are some sources I use.....and I seen him as low as #14.  I was more primarily focusing in on LT why he was higher ranked.  Seen that Jones out of Houston had a decent Senior bowl and jumped over him in a few rankings.

1 hour ago, Madwolf said:

As much as I really love Brown as the pick at #7, I almost feel that you have to take an OT, FINALLY, with this pick. The Panthers have been cursed with bad OT drafts when they've picked higher in recent efforts. This draft has some good ones, and I think you have to pull the trigger on a guy like Thomas or Becton. 

Willis or Becton will be there if Giants take him unless they get an offer to trade down.  Whom would be your choice then.

16 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He looked about like Byron Bell going up against Epenesa from Iowa in their bowl game.

Did he though? I thought he looked fine. He had a couple of issues but he is very young and Epenesa is one of the best 3 defensive ends in college.

Here is the game in question. I believe I counted Austin getting beat 4-5 times on 48 pass plays. Austin consistently beat AJ in the run game, and was pretty consistent in pass blocking otherwise. He definitely needs to be developed more, but has all the tools to get there and is also only 20 years old.

Archived