• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Personnel / Cap Update (Projected Starters / Depth Still Here)

SetfreexX

Well we've seen the option for Wright not picked up and Poe's team option being declined has been reported, so that queues the question, just who do we still have on the roster -- https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/cap/ 

(Declining Poe's option would see our available cap space around 44M with just 4.3M dedicated to the rookie class -- so 40M to spend, there is also another 3M available for releasing Mike Davis this is likely to happen, so that would elevate us to 43M, even with the dead money being held against us, that is a respectable amount to work with)

Offense 

QB-

Cam Newton (Age 30) / Will Grier (Age 25)

HB-

CMC / Mike Davis (saves 3M) / Jordan Scarlett

FB-

Armah

WR-

Moore / Samuel / Zylstra

TE-

Thomas / Manhertz

T-

Little / Daley / Moton

G-

Turner

C-

Paradis / Larsen

--------------------------------------------------------

Defense

IDL-

Hamilton

DE-

Short / Obada

Edge-

Burns / Miller / Haynes

ILB-

Thompson / Carter Jr. / Smith / Kunaszyk

CB-

Jackson / Elder / Luke

S-

Reid / Jones / Green / Jamerson

I cannot wait for free agency to start, and not because of a ''splashy signing'' I'm truly interested to see what spots we fill, which should subsequently give us an early idea of what we're looking at via the draft. 

With the combine out of the way, team private visits. and Pro days will be next alongside free agency. 

Gents things are starting to get a little interesting, and with that how do you feel knowing we have 40+M to work with in free agency?

If we bring in a DT or ILB via FA at a moderate price I think that will signal the pick at #7, I know a lot of eyes are now on Simmons, question is does he survive the top 5?

I think FA will go like this:

Our "splash" signing will be on the DL. We'll sign a few DEs and at least one DT. We'll also draft a couple DL.

At CB, we'll sign at least two FAs. Maybe Norman will come back for cheap?

We'll sign at least one mid-tier Tackle, and two higher/mid-tier Guards. We'll also draft a couple OL.

Robby Anderson might be an option, but I would lean more towards NOT right now.

A couple of specific guys I have my own eyes on are Tavon Austin (returner/slot/RB gimmicks/WVU blind loyalty) and Tajae Sharpe.

Vance McDonald and Luke Willson wouldn't be bad vet TEs to bring in.

I wouldn't mind bringing Mayo back in at LB.

Archived