• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

So, they made an incorrect determination on his death initially then there was an investigation and it was corrected? That's your spike the football proof of widespread conspiracy on the mislabeling of deaths? LOL! Okay...

Not every death will have an investigation like this one, bro, but it proves that this "conspiracy theory" has some footing. There's also some doctor out of Minnesota, Dr. Scott Jensen, that went on a news show recently and said that the Minnesota Department of Health asked him to list COVID-19 as the cause of death on the death certificate even if the patient was never tested or never tested positive for the virus. There's some truth to this, dude. 

4 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Not every death will have an investigation like this one, bro, but it proves that this "conspiracy theory" has some footing. There's also some doctor out of Minnesota, Dr. Scott Jensen, that went on a news show recently and said that the Minnesota Department of Health asked him to list COVID-19 as the cause of death on the death certificate even if the patient was never tested or never tested positive for the virus. There's some truth to this, dude. 

Do a little more reading on it. It's a recommendation on how to handle likely suspected but not confirmed cases. In the absence of testing there's going to have to be some scientific wild ass guesses made. Would it still be a conspiracy if we were listing suspected cases as anything other than covid related?

Not everything is a diabolical conspiracy theory.

8 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota family physician who is also a Republican state senator, told "The Ingraham Angle" Wednesday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) guidelines for doctors to certify whether a patient has died of coronavirus are "ridiculous" and could be misleading the public.

Host Laura Ingraham read Jensen the guidelines, which say: "In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID cannot be made but is suspected or likely (e.g. the circumstances are compelling with a reasonable degree of certainty) it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as 'probable' or 'presumed.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do a little more reading on it. It's a recommendation on how to handle likely suspected but not confirmed cases. In the absence of testing there's going to have to be some scientific wild ass guesses made. Would it still be a conspiracy if we were listing suspected cases as anything other than covid related?

Not everything is a diabolical conspiracy theory.

Come on dude, I'm not one of those "duh gubbermint" nutjobs claiming this is some "diabolical conspiracy theory." I'm just a little suspicious about our death toll, that's all. Agree to disagree. 

1 hour ago, Xtreme said:

China does, but they're hiding their real death numbers from the rest of the world. But I've also heard rumors from social media that hospitals are marking non-Corona related deaths as Corona related deaths. Something about the more deaths they have the more federal aid they'll receive. Something like that. Wouldn't surprise me. 

4 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Come on dude, I'm not one of those "duh gubbermint" nutjobs claiming this is some "diabolical conspiracy theory." I'm just a little suspicious about our death toll, that's all. Agree to disagree. 

giphy.gif

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

giphy.gif

So saying I heard rumors on social media somehow makes me some wild crazy conspiracy theorist? You even said yourself that "suspected" COVID-19 deaths will be listed as COVID-19 related fatalities, which actually proves my point that the number of deaths could be misleading. I've actually provided some proof to back up my argument. You, however, just posted gifs. I tried to be cool with you and just agree to disagree, but you were having none of it. Says a lot about your character. No wonder you get dunked on all the time by those tinderbox boys. Rightfully so. Have a good one. 

1 minute ago, Xtreme said:

So saying I heard rumors on social media somehow makes me some wild crazy conspiracy theorist? You even said yourself that "suspected" COVID-19 deaths will be listed as COVID-19 related fatalities, which actually proves my point that the number of deaths could be misleading. I've actually provided some proof to back up my argument. You, however, just posted gifs. I tried to be cool with you and just agree to disagree, but you were having none of it. Says a lot about your character. No wonder you get dunked on all the time by those tinderbox boys. Rightfully so. Have a good one. 

What can I say? Delusional zealots usually don't like me very much. I wear it as a badge of honor.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

Dr. Scott Jensen, a Minnesota family physician who is also a Republican state senator, told "The Ingraham Angle" Wednesday that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) guidelines for doctors to certify whether a patient has died of coronavirus are "ridiculous" and could be misleading the public.

Host Laura Ingraham read Jensen the guidelines, which say: "In cases where a definite diagnosis of COVID cannot be made but is suspected or likely (e.g. the circumstances are compelling with a reasonable degree of certainty) it is acceptable to report COVID-19 on a death certificate as 'probable' or 'presumed.'"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/physician-blasts-cdc-coronavirus-death-count-guidelines

The doctors know if it’s a corona virus death. It’s a very specific chain of events that leads to death by Pneumonia from COVID.

Imagine suffocating over the course of X amount of time(not a medical professional, don’t know the exact average timeline), then they knock you out and intubation you before your lungs shut down completely(hopefully). Then it’s a matter of either your other organs fail or don’t fail. 

There’s not a lot of guesswork in it. He’s right in instances like Influenza but also anyone with flu symptoms will have a test for COVID. Oh but guess what, if there’s COVID in the system(they can test the deceased still) it’s a COVID death. So it’s important to note that was the cause of what brought on ARDS.

He goes off the wall though with

Jensen then told Ingraham that under the CDC guidelines, a patient who died after being hit by a bus and tested positive for coronavirus would be listed as having presumed to have died from the virus regardless of whatever damage was caused by the bus.”

Then going further into the conspiracy theories hospitals are killing people just to get more money. Dude, everyone in the hospital is going to get a test if it comes back negative than it wasn’t cause of death. If it comes back positive it was, if Pneumonia into ARDS was the cause of death. 

You have to remember. Everyone going into a hospital for even non COVID stuff(IE: Injury, Pregnancy{spouse even if they are allowed}, etc) is getting a test. Because they can’t risk someone spreading it on a floor that isn’t a COVID designation, imagine what happens if the pregnancy ward gets an outbreak. 

Edited by Harbingers

1 hour ago, Xtreme said:

Don’t fall into the trap of getting on the defensive.  He can either debate his viewpoint vs yours on the merits or he can’t.  You are giving him an easy out.

30 minutes ago, Wes21 said:

Don’t fall into the trap of getting on the defensive.  He can either debate his viewpoint vs yours on the merits or he can’t.  You are giving him an easy out.

Meh, I have better things to do with my time than argue with some boomer who spends his entire day on an Internet message board. 

The maximum irony of calling a 37 year old a boomer while parroting boomer "COVID-19 is a hoax" conspiracy theory at the same time claiming he has better things to do with his time than arguing on the internet while arguing on the internet. 

I love it when I'm pissing off the wingers. It let's me know that I'm probably on the right track.