• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Update about Stockholm, Sweden. 

A very small anti body study was revealed today. Test on blood from donors.

11 of 100 people tested positive for antibodies. Test conducted last week, +2 week for being healthy before donate = the result reflect status ~3 weeks ago. Sensitivity 70-80%, and other details, blah blah...

Conclusion according to experts is that ~30% of people in Stockholm could already have been infected.

The day with most deaths is the 8 of April and its seems the curve is flattening even when accounting for delayed reporting. So things are getting better. Tomorrow there will be a bump because of the weekend.

But I think the grey in this chart, the projection is taking the delayed weekend's into account. But its from random programmer dude, but the other colors is official data.

deaths_lag_sweden_2020-04-20.png

https://adamaltmejd.se/covid/

Is there any antibody study done on New York? Is the curve flattening there also?

• Pie 1

I saw someone talk about how many people who grew up during the Great Depression lived the rest of their lives hoarding and pinching pennies just in case something like that happened again. They wondered if this generation would respond similarly to the virus issue.

I'm honestly not sure.

It certainly has the potential to have a lasting effect like that, but given the short attention span people have today, I'm not absolutely convinced it will.

Milady and I decided our plan is to embellish the stories we tell to future generations. I'm gonna spin yarns about having to fight my way through grocery aisles for a single pack of toilet paper.

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I saw someone talk about how many people who grew up during the Great Depression lived the rest of their lives hoarding and pinching pennies just in case something like that happened again. They wondered if this generation would respond similarly to the virus issue.

I'm honestly not sure.

It certainly has the potential to have a lasting effect like that, but given the short attention span people have today, I'm not absolutely convinced it will.

Milady and I decided our plan is to embellish the stories we tell to future generations. I'm gonna spin yarns about having to fight my way through grocery aisles for a single pack of toilet paper.

I honestly believe this will have a lasting effect on millions of people.  I don't think this will be one of those things that's forgotten completely 6 months from now.  Now, I don't see it being totally life altering...but there are some habits and thoughts that will go thru millions of peoples heads going forward, even if its subtle. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly not sure.

My grandparents never trusted banks.

I’m going to pull a Bill Gates and horde food in my basement for the next pandemic. Also pay off my mortgage ASAP.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly not sure.

My grandpa (b. 1917), who was a decorated WW2 vet, did not like banks and was very tight with what little money he had. I think it’s why my dad is a cheapskate now. 

Edited by 4Corners

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Shall we try this again? I promise you that the third time will not be the charm. If it gets locked again it'll be for good and all this conversation will transfer to the TB.

In other news, I just found out from someone very much in the know that Colorado's stay at home mandate will be lifted on April 27th and Governor Polis is set to announce that today at 3:30.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-colorado-latest-covid-19-updates-from-april-20-2020

Latest updates:

Monday, April 20

4:15 p.m. | Stay-at-home will end Sunday, as scheduled

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Im speaking of Florida, Ga, and South Carolina. Three states who haven’t taken this seriously from the jump. Looks like they will continue this trend. 

Yeah, we're making our call based on some really good data and modeling, but the governor is up there pleading with people to let employees work from home whenever possible and to still try to stay at home as much as possible. The presser is still going on and my wife just got a text for a celebratory conference call starting in two minutes since "we'll be back to business as usual on Monday!"

Sigh...

Even though this decision is based on good data and modeling, it still relies on people not being idiots and in my experience that's always setting yourself up for disappointment.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, we're making our call based on some really good data and modeling, but the governor is up there pleading with people to let employees work from home whenever possible and to still try to stay at home as much as possible. The presser is still going on and my wife just got a text for a celebratory conference call starting in two minutes since "we'll be back to business as usual on Monday!"

Sigh...

Even though this decision is based on good data and modeling, it still relies on people not being idiots and in my experience that's always setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yeah, I have ZERO faith on entitled Americans not being idiots. This country is truly embarrassing. This is probably the most discouraged I’ve been throughout this whole pandemic. 

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

SAH may be lifting for Co but its under pretty reasonable restrictions.

• No gatherings of more than 10
  • Retail reopens with extreme distancing (60% capacity)
  • Personal services (salons and tattoos etc) can resume with restrictions
  • Vulnerable populations must stay home
  • Offices at 50% and telecommuting still preferred

Its not a free for all

Please bro you know how this poo works. Give a little people take a lot. 

• Beer 1