• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

22 minutes ago, bull123 said:

It may be because she will do anything she can, even if it’s illegal, immoral, dirty, or has zero to do with the American people to try to get rid of our President...

Ok boomer

can you provide a link to the “illegal and immoral” things she has done? 

I

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Ok boomer

can you provide a link to the “illegal and immoral” things she has done? 

I

She, Trump and Biden should all hold a press conference together.

After 20 minutes of stammering, stuttering, calling out the wrong names and answers, the world would know that the US has no future.  Only the dopes that call these guys moral could think otherwise.  Check out the 3 Trillion dollar bill just passed.  Nothing immoral there.  She is the leader (and speaker for) of immoral people, period

15 hours ago, Xtreme said:

I say by mid June, we should be 100% back to normal, assuming there isn't a second wave. 

Not sure why you think that. We're not going to have a cure a month from now. We're not going to have a vaccine a month from now. The virus isn't going to magically go away, it will be just as widespread if not more so. It will be just as deadly as it is now.

What exactly are you expecting to change?

Edited by R0CKnR0LLA

21 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Not sure why you think that. We're not going to have a cure a month from now. We're not going to have a vaccine a month from now. The virus isn't going to magically go away, it will be just as widespread if not more so. It will be just as deadly as it is now.

What exactly are you expecting to change?

I wasn't referring to the entire country, just my state in particular. We're basically almost normal now. You can eat outside at restaurants, barbers, salons, gyms are all open. The malls are open and most department stores. State officials will wait and see how things go from here and if there isn't a second wave, they will probably start allowing dine-in services and most everything else. We'll have to learn to live with the virus. Take the Sweden approach, herd immunity and whatnot. Sunlight kills the virus so things will start to calm down for now. But once October rolls around again, then things will get interesting. People aren't going to go full lockdown again. But like I previously said, boost your immune system, keep your hands clean and cover your mouth.  

9 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

I wasn't referring to the entire country, just my state in particular. We're basically almost normal now. You can eat outside at restaurants, barbers, salons, gyms are all open. The malls are open and most department stores. State officials will wait and see how things go from here and if there isn't a second wave, they will probably start allowing dine-in services and most everything else. We'll have to learn to live with the virus. Take the Sweden approach, herd immunity and whatnot. Sunlight kills the virus so things will start to calm down for now. But once October rolls around again, then things will get interesting. People aren't going to go full lockdown again. But like I previously said, boost your immune system, keep your hands clean and cover your mouth.  

So you meant "100% back to normal" as far as what stores are open for you to go to, not that the virus is actually taken care of and we're not looking at thousands dead every single day. Okay then.

5 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Thousands dead every day, and the Applebee's is closed.

...and now...

Thousands dead every day, and the Applebee's is back open.

WOOHOO! Everything is back to normal guys!

In this scenario, does not look like the closing of Applebee's deterred anything

I just chuckle when I see this "assuming there's not a second wave" stuff.

Folks... the second wave in the fall isn't an odds thing. It's inevitable. IT WILL HAPPEN. It'll be worse because it'll start at the very beginning of cold/flu season, not in late January halfway through cold/flu season. And it'll be starting with a good foothold, not from zero cases.

Everyone should wrap their minds around this right now. I'm just concerned that dumbasses are going to be shocked by this when it happens and there's going to be pandemonium when this poo comes roaring back in the fall. It's going to happen.

11 minutes ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

So you meant "100% back to normal" as far as what stores are open for you to go to, not that the virus is actually taken care of and we're not looking at thousands dead every single day. Okay then.

Thousands aren't dying every day anymore and my state had zero COVID-19 deaths a few days ago. But had single digits the past two days. The virus isn't going anywhere but will be less of an impact in the summer. Are we suppose to keep everything closed indefinitely? Is everyone suppose to put their lives on hold indefinitely? If you're a high-risk candidate to catch the virus, then stay home. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just chuckle when I see this "assuming there's not a second wave" stuff.

Folks... the second wave in the fall isn't an odds thing. It's inevitable. IT WILL HAPPEN. It'll be worse because it'll start at the very beginning of cold/flu season, not in late January halfway through cold/flu season. And it'll be starting with a good foothold, not from zero cases.

Everyone should wrap their minds around this right now. I'm just concerned that dumbasses are going to be shocked by this when it happens and there's going to be pandemonium when this poo comes roaring back in the fall. It's going to happen.

It's weird to hear people keep referring to it as waves. A wave refers to a big spike and then a fall back down to zero (or close to zero), like an inverted V. We were ramping up exponentially, then with lockdown measures that leveled off (although still kept slowly rising). Taking that away you're just going to return to the exponential increases in cases again. Nothing about that resembles a wave, or second wave.

3 minutes ago, Xtreme said:

Thousands aren't dying every day anymore and my state had zero COVID-19 deaths a few days ago. But had single digits the past two days. The virus isn't going anywhere but will be less of an impact in the summer. Are we suppose to keep everything closed indefinitely? Is everyone suppose to put their lives on hold indefinitely? If you're a high-risk candidate to catch the virus, then stay home. 

10,000 died in a single week, now you're just ignoring facts.