• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

4 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Lock downs DO NOT WORK, mask wearing SLOWS the spread.  We need therapeutics and/or a vaccine. 

Correction: lock downs don't work in this country because a virus was politicized, as was the idea of staying home and masks, because all three of those worked everywhere else in the world who has come out the other side of this.

Countries in southeast Asia learned from SARS and actually had plans for a pandemic like this had immediate and overwhelming testing numbers, contract tracing and quarantine. They have survived on a much higher scale than this country and did it without a vaccine or "therapeutics."

The president of this country politicized a virus which couldn't care less what your political affiliation is, killed 145,000+; he assured everyone it would disappear in April, told us it was just a couple of days of sniffles, etc. If you believe for a single minute that this country, with 4.25% of the world's population, has been "successful" while responsible for 25% of the world's death toll from COVID, I can't help you. 

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

Correction: lock downs don't work in this country because a virus was politicized, as was the idea of staying home and masks, because all three of those worked everywhere else in the world who has come out the other side of this.

Countries in southeast Asia learned from SARS and actually had plans for a pandemic like this had immediate and overwhelming testing numbers, contract tracing and quarantine. They have survived on a much higher scale than this country and did it without a vaccine or "therapeutics."

The president of this country politicized a virus which couldn't care less what your political affiliation is, killed 145,000+; he assured everyone it would disappear in April, told us it was just a couple of days of sniffles, etc. If you believe for a single minute that this country, with 4.25% of the world's population, has been "successful" while responsible for 25% of the world's death toll from COVID, I can't help you. 

I'm not looking for help, because I don't need it.  So why is Dr. Fauci ignoring his own findings from SARS-CoV(1) from years ago?  They share 79% of the same genome.  Hmmm...so odd.  Though some of the 145,000+ deaths due to COVID-19 are dubious at best, even if that's taken at face value, ignoring therapeutics that have worked past and present is kinda stupid.  Killing old people by sticking infected people in nursing homes also was kinda stupid.  But sure, putting band aides on the problem (masks and lock downs) is the best way to tackle this.  So the best way forward is assuming arbitrary barriers will stop this rather than acknowledging people will contract the virus and having the ability to treat it? 

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Do you really need this explained? Humans and cows share 80% of the same genome. 

Ughhh...Dr. Fauci knew that HCQ worked on the first SARS, he did work on it himself.  So instead of doing his best squirrel in the street routine, he could point to that.  But nah, lets roll out a new, rushed, medication out there that isn't nearly as effective, ridiculously expensive as a nod to his pals in big Pharma.  Now Remdesivir is showing side effects in the liver.    That's better than a skin rash I guess, which was the main side effect  for years in HCQ until all of sudden it was making people drop dead with heart attacks.   Well, that was the narrative for pulling it for off-label Covid-19 use.  Yet lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients are just fine to continue using it.  So strange right?

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There are clinical studies linking hydroxychloroquine and heart issues dating back to at least 2013. This isn't a new finding in the least. You really have to stop just parroting right wing talking points without doing even the bare minimum of cross checking the info.

Yet it has been around since for use in the US since 1955 and continued to be used, just not for coronavirus.  Dropping dead from heart attacks was sarcasm.  The "study" that had a few heart side affects was instances of heart arrhythmia, not heart attacks.  I see adds for drugs on TV every day with side effects that rattle on the length of the ad, usually ending with and 'could cause death'.  I guess lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients are dispensable.

I mean big tech is even in on the act.  Why sensor the doctors that went to DC yesterday?

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yet it has been around since for use in the US since 1955 and continued to be used, just not for coronavirus.  Dropping dead from heart attacks was sarcasm.  The "study" that had a few heart side affects was instances of heart arrhythmia, not heart attacks.  I see adds for drugs on TV every day with side effects that rattle on the length of the ad, usually ending with and 'could cause death'.  I guess lupus and rheumatoid arthritis patients are dispensable.

I mean big tech is even in on the act.  Why sensor the doctors that went to DC yesterday?

Sigh... even in your "gotcha posts" you display stunning lack of understanding. The heart issue hydroxychloroquine causes is ventrical cardiomyopathy. This can cause people to literally (as you sarcastically said) to drop dead with a heart attack. A common symptom of this issue is arrhythmia. Those people with severe autoimmune diseases that you're so downplaying who take hydroxychloroquine are constantly monitored for developing cardiomyopathy.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sigh... even in your "gotcha posts" you display stunning lack of understanding. The heart issue hydroxychloroquine causes is ventrical cardiomyopathy. This can cause people to literally (as you sarcastically said) to drop dead with a heart attack. A common symptom of this issue is arrhythmia. Those people with severe autoimmune diseases that you're so downplaying who take hydroxychloroquine are constantly monitored for developing cardiomyopathy.

Show me a study on how many people died people from heart issues when HCQ was used in COVID-19 cases.  I'll wait.   Again, this is being prescribed worldwide, just not for COVID-19 in certain countries.  Some countries are still using it for COVID-19 treatment, however.  Heck it's so dangerous, it's OTC in certain countries.

It just struck me as funny that the guy banging his fists about masks is trying his best to debunk a therapeutic.  Just wow.  

39 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Show me a study on how many people died people from heart issues when HCQ was used in COVID-19 cases.  I'll wait.   Again, this is being prescribed worldwide, just not for COVID-19 in certain countries.  Some countries are still using it for COVID-19 treatment, however.  Heck it's so dangerous, it's OTC in certain countries.

It just struck me as funny that the guy banging his fists about masks is trying his best to debunk a therapeutic.  Just wow.  

If they don't die everything is fine, right? I mean, that's the crux of the COVID is a hoax thinking, right? If you don't die, it was minor case.

Listen, I don't care if Trump was touting it or not. The bottom line is that more and more sources are lining up suggesting that it isn't a very effective treatment. A pretty extensive trial just wrapped up in Brazil and it failed. I don't think Brazilian medical professionals are likely to be swayed by pro or anti Trump motivations. Maybe there are certain conditions where it can be more effective. 

https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/hydroxychloroquine-flunks-phase-iii-trial-in-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

11 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If they don't die everything is fine, right? I mean, that's the crux of the COVID is a hoax thinking, right? If you don't die, it was minor case.

Listen, I don't care if Trump was touting it or not. The bottom line is that more and more sources are lining up suggesting that it isn't a very effective treatment. A pretty extensive trial just wrapped up in Brazil and it failed. I don't think Brazilian medical professionals are likely to be swayed by pro or anti Trump motivations. Maybe there are certain conditions where it can be more effective. 

https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/hydroxychloroquine-flunks-phase-iii-trial-in-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

Look, we can go back and forth on this.  There are sources supporting pro and con, as I could cite the Ford study....so to keep trading links amounts to a pissing contest.   My question to you is if you catch this, seeking medical attention on say day 4 of feeling ill and a doctor you see prescribe the protocol for HCQ as you show the classic symptoms, will you decline it?  A simple yes or no.

Easy for me, I absolutely would not. <---edit.

Lastly, I may make another point or two today, but as I said many, many, many pages ago....people have their minds made up, especially here on the Huddle.  The idea that this was a thread of open-minded people looking for an opinion to help them on where they stand on this pandemic was lost about 400 pages ago.  Trenches were dug early and only have gotten deeper.

Edited by 45catfan

Major League Baseball - with the best healthcare money can buy, millions of dollars available, can’t keep its employees safe but its totally fine and easily manageable for schools and teachers to deal with oversized classrooms, underpaid and overworked employees, and insufficient supplies. ‘Merica fug yeah