• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corona Virus

Ja  Rhule

Just now, TheRumGone said:

You should read up on the people in their 20s and 30s who are not smokers and have no health conditions and are in good shape contracting this virus and having to be put on respirators. It seems that this virus is incredibly unpredictable on how it affects people. Young healthy people need to be just as cautious. 

have you seen the reportings of rich people contacting respirator makers and trying to buy them out before the hospitals can get them? you know, just in case they need one

11 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

You should read up on the people in their 20s and 30s who are not smokers and have no health conditions and are in good shape contracting this virus and having to be put on respirators. It seems that this virus is incredibly unpredictable on how it affects people. Young healthy people need to be just as cautious. 

“Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.”
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, 50/50? 

Lol....okay. I don't have control over your overreaction, so good luck with that. And who cares if you do get it? Are you over 60? Are you obese? Heart issues? Lung issues? Heavy smoker?

If the answer is no to most if those, you are gonna be fine. It is just going to suck for a while.

Also I’m not saying this to try to scare people or cause a panic. But young people need to take this just as seriously. Even if it was 4 or 5 healthy people in their 20s and 30s out 300 people on respirators in that one area of Washington, you extrapolate that country wide and it’s serious. I totally get where you are coming from. We cannot panic, we’re gonna be ok and make it through this, but everyone needs to take this very fuging serious and not downplay it whatsoever. We just don’t know enough about this virus yet.

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Also I’m not saying this to try to scare people or cause a panic. But young people need to take this just as seriously. Even if it was 4 or 5 healthy people in their 20s and 30s out 300 people on respirators in that one area of Washington, you extrapolate that country wide and it’s serious. I totally get where you are coming from. We cannot panic, we’re gonna be ok and make it through this, but everyone needs to take this very fuging serious and not downplay it whatsoever. We just don’t know enough about this virus yet.

I do know one thing about this virus. They better crack China good after this. No bushmeat and no exotic animals sold for food. I’m talking serious fuging sanctions on them. 

13 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

“Up to 20% of people hospitalized with coronavirus in the United States are young adults between ages 20 to 44, a new federal study shows.

While the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people, the report issued Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows younger people are making up a big portion of hospitalizations.”

That is a bit misleading because people in that age range can still have underlying health conditions but I understand where you’re coming from. I’m looking at some cases in the Washington area where a couple 20 and 30 year olds had to be intubated and they are completely healthy people. People need to be made more aware of this.

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I do know one thing about this virus. They better crack China good after this. No bushmeat and no exotic animals sold for food. I’m talking serious fuging sanctions on them. 

I’m not sure how they stop it because they banned it after SARS but there was black market stuff still going on. 

They obviously need to do more but this isn’t just a China thing. The world needs to come together and beat this. And they need to come together afterwards with a pandemic response plans whenever this happens again. Because it will. And it’s possible for it to be worse. And it won’t necessarily be in China.

Edited by TheRumGone

2 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

That is a bit misleading because people in that age range can still have underlying health conditions but I understand where you’re coming from. I’m looking at some cases in the Washington area where a couple 20 and 30 year olds had to be intubated and they are completely healthy people. People need to be made more aware of this.

These idiot kids in Florida partying need to be Federally quarantined until they are sure they don’t have it. Teach these little fugtards some responsibility the hard way.  

• Beer 2

Just now, TheRumGone said:

I’m not sure how they stop it because they banned it after SARS but there was black market stuff still going on. 

They obvious need to do more but this isn’t just a China thing. The world needs to come together and beat this. And they need to come together afterwards with a pandemic response plans whenever this happens again. Because it will. And it’s possible for it to be worse. And it won’t necessarily be in China.

Right China isn’t responsible really for how awfully ill prepared the US and parts of the world have been to deal with this. Once we make it through this they will just start back up with this crap again. Chinese people are cool but F China and F China’s government.