• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New CBA passed

steven8989

53 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Injuries will jump again. Just like it did after the last CBA, that also greatly reduced practices. 

I find it amazing that  nobody is acknowledging the direct correlation between reduced practices, and therefore, not in game shape = more injuries. 

Yeah they really should be doing 2 a day fully padded practices in training camp. Even aside from the injuries, it’s clear early in the year that these guys aren’t fully ready for contact and the on-field product suffers.

A big thing I don't like about this is that it waters down the sport and mediocrity thrives. Also less opportunities for newer coaches. Coaches who hoover around .500, but make the playoffs more often than not, while maybe having a few seasons where they actually have a winning record and might make it deep in the playoffs will get a longer leash. Imagine Rivera staying around for at least 3 more years.

15 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

A big thing I don't like about this is that it waters down the sport and mediocrity thrives. Also less opportunities for newer coaches. Coaches who hoover around .500, but make the playoffs more often than not, while maybe having a few seasons where they actually have a winning record and might make it deep in the playoffs will get a longer leash. Imagine Rivera staying around for at least 3 more years.

Ron's record in the division the last four years is what really doomed him. Regardless of the CBA changes, losing badly within the division will still be a good way for a coach to wear out his welcome sooner rather than later.

-Some things I gleemed: 

-Positive THC results will not likely result in suspensions, but doesn't say anything about non-punishable; thinking fines here instead.

-Practice squad goes to 12

-Game day roster goes to 48 (one HAS to be OL though)

-53 man roster can expand up to 55 with PS players signed on game week.  They can be demoted at least twice before any of the 'normal' rules (under current CBA)  apply.

-Game 17 has a option window, while expected, is not set in stone yet.

14 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

-Some things I gleemed: 

-Positive THC results will not likely result in suspensions, but doesn't say anything about non-punishable; thinking fines here instead.

-Practice squad goes to 12

-Game day roster goes to 48 (one HAS to be OL though)

-53 man roster can expand up to 55 with PS players signed on game week.  They can be demoted at least twice before any of the 'normal' rules (under current CBA)  apply.

-Game 17 won't take place for a few years.

what was it before? 

Archived