• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New CBA passed

steven8989

Wow.  I didn’t think it would.  It was real close in the vote. 1019 for and 959 against. 
I would love to be in the meeting with Sulimani of how this really changes teams directions with contracts going forward.  Sulimani is said to understand the CBA more than almost anyone else.  

17 games and 2 more playoff teams. He’ll yeah. More actual football.  

I also read somewhere that padded practices in training camp got drastically reduced.  If memory serves correctly, by nearly half.  So these guys will go into the season with only a dozen or so practices with pads on.  That actually sounds more dangerous.

21 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I also read somewhere that padded practices in training camp got drastically reduced.  If memory serves correctly, by nearly half.  So these guys will go into the season with only a dozen or so practices with pads on.  That actually sounds more dangerous.

I would say it's a perfect time to have a offensive minded coach. Defense is not wanted on either side. The last CBA cut padded practices to almost nothing and now this one makes them almost extinct. 

26 minutes ago, Jesse said:

As a fan I’m okay with an extra game. How is that going to play with the schedule? The 16 game schedule was perfect.

The chance at adding 2 more playoff teams was worth the 17th game. It gives more teams a chance to actually make the playoffs who are actually good teams.

12 minutes ago, rodeo said:

jj watt said he didn't like it on twitter and the replies told him to 'stick to football.'

huh

Nobody cares what JJ Watt thinks, he can't speak for the entire NFL. Players passed the deal, so obviously it wasn't that bad of a deal.

If Watt doesn't like it he can retire. But I doubt that happens...

1 minute ago, Real1zOnly said:

Nobody cares what JJ Watt thinks, he can't speak for the entire NFL. Players passed the deal, so obviously it wasn't that bad of a deal.

If Watt doesn't like it he can retire. But I doubt that happens...

Assuming those numbers are accurate about half the players don't like it. A positive opinion sure can't speak for the entire NFL either.

Archived