• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: NFL Draft Postponed Won't Be Held in Vegas

Mr Mojo Risin

Are Pro days really that important?  I mean most top prospects sit out or only typically go through drill that can't hurt their stock.  The second function is for players that under-performed at the combine a chance to improve.  The biggest functionality for pro days is it gives a chance for those under-the-radar guys (typically non-combine invites) to show something to scouts in attendance.  Those are your day three prospects/UDFA guys.

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

Pro days are cancelled. Game tape is great but if I'm an owner i am not drafting a kid without meeting him and seeing him live.

Plenty players get drafted every year and they say how surprised they were because they never even talked to that team and no idea that had any interest

People are assuming everything will back to normal in a few months if its not what then? keep pushing the draft back until we can get pro days and interviews for the 20th time

What happens if Players, teams or scouts start traveling and one of them gets sick? Do they quarantine all the teams and colleges in connection with those people?

5 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

Plenty players get drafted every year and they say how surprised they were because they never even talked to that team and no idea that had any interest

People are assuming everything will back to normal in a few months if its not what then? keep pushing the draft back until we can get pro days and interviews for the 20th time

What happens if Players, teams or scouts start traveling and one of them gets sick? Do they quarantine all the teams and colleges in connection with those people?

Yes you are right there are exceptions. Owners/GMs will still want the ability to evaluate players in person.

Yes you keep pushing it out. If we are in this situation in August the season is likely done anyway.

If a scout gets Covid yeah the probably stop pro days again.

Just now, Happy Panther said:

Yes you are right there are exceptions. Owners/GMs will still want the ability to evaluate players in person.

Yes you keep pushing it out. If we are in this situation in August the season is likely done anyway.

If a scout gets Covid yeah the probably stop pro days again.

I think the teams would like to get the draft out of the way even if the season is done

Having those players on your roster studying playbooks is a lot better than having a draft in April 2021 with current College players presumably petitioning the NFL to join the draft in there proper year of eligibility

3 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

I think the teams would like to get the draft out of the way even if the season is done

Having those players on your roster studying playbooks is a lot better than having a draft in April 2021 with current College players presumably petitioning the NFL to join the draft in there proper year of eligibility

Agree. Maybe. They would have to figure it all out. Do you pay players? Will some players get another year of eligibility? Will the NCAA let players who have agents play anyway if there is college football?

I hope this thing goes away.

A topic I wouldn’t actually mind now:

How does this affect Cam’s status with the team? If there were genuine concerns about his health being a factor with a potential trade, do things change now that time may reveal more of his baseline functionality? 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Final brilliant question from MHS:

IF we are planning on shopping Cam---does this help that process?

(Nut clingers---let it rest--this is an IF question, and you don't know what they are thinking---do not derail the thread---instead, go light a candle in your closet shrine and meditate).

You beat me to it. I think it’s a valid question and I absolutely expect this thread to be derailed by the usual suspects.

10 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Agree. Maybe. They would have to figure it all out. Do you pay players? Will some players get another year of eligibility? Will the NCAA let players who have agents play anyway if there is college football?

I hope this thing goes away.

Hope for the best prepare for the worst

Hopefully Pro sports and the NCAA are taking this seriously and are developing a plan as we speak not only for this year but in the future.   To be honest we've been warn about something like this and even worse happening

There will probably be more events like this in the future if the world goes on as business as usual and not take precaution

1 hour ago, Palmetto said:

There is no need to have the draft show

The draft can be done on the same date without the lights and Cameras

Probably wont be any difference between April, May or June

I enjoy watching the draft but the way it is now - it’s stupid. They had some idiot country singer I’d never heard of analyzing picks in Nashville last year. It’s like MNF, and pretty much every other big sporting event. It’s a spectacle. 

12 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I enjoy watching the draft but the way it is now - it’s stupid. They had some idiot country singer I’d never heard of analyzing picks in Nashville last year. It’s like MNF, and pretty much every other big sporting event. It’s a spectacle. 

I would be happy watching the draft having them show highlights give analysis and even talk to players in their homes the other stuff is extra i dont mind it but its unnecessary in a time like this

Archived