• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: NFL Draft Postponed Won't Be Held in Vegas

Mr Mojo Risin

New update – 12:38 PM ET: Since the passage of the CBA and our initial report the league would likely push back the start of free agency and the draft, word has been coming fast and furious.

Approximately 35 minutes after we broke the story the league was looking at a two-week postponement of FA and the draft, Andy Slater posted on Twitter, 

1 hour ago, BerryLoMein said:

I have been thinking, what if a prospect got the virus? What do you think it would do to their draft stock if anything?

Nothing. He is young and (if otherwise healthy) will easily be over it within 14 days or so, and after that will be resistant to the virus (yes I know, we have been told about some few exceptions to this).

Not to mention the off season is long.  Condensing the off season this year is completely achievable.  I mean most of us complain about the weeks long gap form the combine, to FA, to the draft, to OTAs to training camp.  While cutting out some vacation time, moving back these events would really not negatively impact the off season if these timelines hold.  Now if they have to further delay, then yeah, it could cause issues.

Archived