• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CoD battleground

Jeremy Igo

Just downloaded a few hours ago. This is the first Battle Royale game I've ever played. It was so disorienting at first, because there were so many game modes.

"Okay, I'm already dropping in, cool. Oh poo. The game's over? I didn't even get shot! Wait, what? The game's starting over? Didn't we just do this? So what was I doing before? Okay, here's the game. Oh crap, I'm dead. Wait, I'm not dead, I'm just crawling around. Okay, now I'm dead. Wait, why am I in a prison cell now? I guess I can punch this guy til the game's over. Wait, why did I teleport into this broken down shower room? Holy poo, this guy's shooting at me! Now the game's over? What was it before?"

The first match was like one of those obstacle courses you did in elementary school where you're blindfolded and your classmates are navigating you around to the finish line.

But once you get the hang of it, it's a lot of fun. I'll be putting a lot of hours in on it for sure!

My takes so far.

It's different from other BRs. The ability to buy loadouts, the contracts during the game to make money/get perks to help like knowing future ring locations, the map design, it's all ok-to-good. I don't think the gunplay or movement is on par with Apex Legends, but I do think it's better than say, PUBG.

It's a fun mode. It's pretty arcade-y and thus, more accessible for your casual gamer. The skill ceiling isn't high because it's still CoD at heart and the skill ceiling just has never been THAT high. I'll keep playing it, but I can't play it solo and enjoy myself the way I do Apex Legends, at least to this point.

Audio needs fixing. Gunshots sound close when they're hundreds of meters away, footsteps range from ungodly loud to completely silent and picking up direction/distance is a chore. Idk if the BR has the staying power that Apex or Fortnite or PUBG has. I love Modern Warfare's multiplayer but it's CoD and I've been playing CoD since CoD4 so I am honestly not as hyped about new releases. I doubt this steals too much time from Apex Legends for me personally, but it is nice to have something enjoyable to break up the monotony.

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

Apex Legends is free and vastly superior to the "REEEEEEEEE" toxic fest known as Call of Duty.

Warzone is free, FYI.

I love Apex, but Warzone has me hooked right now. The fire fights can be really tactical which is a nice change of pace from Apex, which I feel is always fast. I've had fights in a forest, in a pretty optimized downtown setting, in an airport...the locations are fun. I feel like it's really balanced, too.

Definitely recommend playing with a pre-made group. I don't know how long it will keep me, but it's definitely up there with Apex. I think it beats out PUBG, Fortnite, and Battlefield's BR.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, Dex said:

I've played a few. can't stand the Gulag system and the ability to buy back a teammate's life. Matches last WAY too long. PUBG is still the goat.

I ended up uninstalling because, well, it's still a BR and BRs really aren't my thing. 

I actually liked the gulag system. The gulag makes it so you don't completely fug yourself if you accidentally swap a weapon you wanted to keep (something I did multiple times - forcing me to backtrack and find the weapon I wanted to keep.) It's strangely satisfying to win those 1v1 battles in the gulag. 

I do agree the matches last way too long. I tried solo out before uninstalling - the matches went much faster. I didn't like that the final circle became a camp fest - final circle with 6 left. If you move, you're fuged. 

Archived