• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who gets signed first: Winston or Newton?

hepcat

4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Winston is out of a job because of his TD/Turnover ratio, can that be fixed at this point in his career?

Lots of people thought Bruce Arians could fix it.

Winston was said to be one of the reasons why Arians took the Tampa Bay job. Now he's dumping him after just a year.

You can get two conclusions out of that. Either Arians isn't as good as people thought or Winston is just that bad.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Lots of people thought Bruce Arians could fix it.

Winston was said to be one of the reasons why Arians took the Tampa Bay job. Now he's dumping him after just a year.

You can get two conclusions out of that. Either Arians isn't as good as people thought or Winston is just that bad.

Of course Arians isn't the first coach to fail to correct Winston's problem with interceptions.

Hard to imagine a team that would want him in a pass happy league.

Just now, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Of course Arians isn't the first coach to fail to correct Winston's problem with interceptions.

Hard to imagine a team that would want him in a pass happy league.

People kept trying to fix Terrell Owens and Antonio Brown.

There's always some coach who's got enough of an ego to believe they can succeed where everybody else failed.

1 hour ago, JARROD said:

Personally I think Cam should go sign as a backup with like Pittsburgh. Ben may or may not come back to form and Cam could start. 

This is the most intriguing possibility for me. It comes with a big side-helping of "FU Tepper!" I can see Cam taking a lesser deal for some intangibles like this. Not sure about his agent though!

It depends on the teams desires.  Winston would probably be signed as a backup, where as Newton has proven he can win when healthy, and would likely want to be a starter.  If Winston is willing to be a backup from the beginning, he might be signed more quickly, but Newton will likely get a bigger contract.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Winston is one of those guys who's capable of being really good, unfortunately also capable of being really bad.

Anybody that signs him is going to have to believe they have a coach who's capable of helping him minimize the bad. But then you have to ask yourself if a QB guy like Bruce Arians couldn't do it, who can?

I would love to see an offense that had Winston at QB, Ted Ginn at WR, and Leonard Fournette at RB. They could name them "Boom or bust" or "The consistently inconsistents".

Archived