• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

MMA

1 minute ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They would have to give me the entire remainder of their draft.  

The one wild card I see in that story is that both the Dolphins and the Lions are led by former members of the Patriots organization, so maybe they're willing to do some mutual back scratching.

I'm not expecting it though.

For 

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

They would have to give me the entire remainder of their draft.  

For weeks, and up through yesterday, everyone has been saying Tua's stock is down.  Yet now, the Dolphins, the team sitting in the ideal position to draf him at #5...is going to sell the farm to move up two spots?  With a team in Detroit that doesn't need Tua?

I call BS.  They stay put and get him at #5, then load up at #18 and #26.

21 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

For 

For weeks, and up through yesterday, everyone has been saying Tua's stock is down.  Yet now, the Dolphins, the team sitting in the ideal position to draf him at #5...is going to sell the farm to move up two spots?  With a team in Detroit that doesn't need Tua?

I call BS.  They stay put and get him at #5, then load up at #18 and #26.

You are probably right, but if I was a GM with the third pick, and they called, I would see how bad they want that #3.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Miami may take Herbert. I do not know.  This time of year in NFL is like politics all the time--lies on top of lies.

Miami has FOUR picks in the first  36...in one of the deepest drafts in recent history.

Every team in the top 10 is talking about trading DOWN, yet people think the Dolphins are going to trade UP in this draft?

As just one hypothetical example, the 'Fins could potentially draft:

5.) Isaiah Simmons, LB / Jeff Okudah, CB

18.) Justin Herbert, QB

26.) Denzel Mims, WR

36.) Yetur Gross-Matos / AJ Epenesa, EDGE

In just rounds 1-2!  It would be hard for the 'Fins to mess up this draft, but trading a bunch of those pics to move up to #3 to draft Tua (when they could likely already get him there) would be one way to do it.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

QB is the ultimate wildcard though. If you have a legit QB, you can compete. If you don't, you better have one helluva roster around your bum or you're toast.

Correct...you need that franchise QB, and if not the roster better be really good. It can happen, we saw Trent Dilfer, Nic Foles, and Joe Flacco won super bowls.

On 4/3/2020 at 6:53 PM, Valentino said:

Screw tua , wait til next year for Lawrence 

And how do you think that’s going to happen?

also,.. some come out like the Jared Goffs and the Wentz and others that people will think are going to change the world,. The Trubinskis and Mayfields...

but they don’t. Who knows if Lawrence will or won’t.

one thing is for sure,.. the Panthers won’t be getting him next year. That’s of course assuming he’s still playing,... poo happens

Every player that reaches the pinnacle of college football has the ability to play in the NFL.

The organization and long term health have a huge impact on the success of any elite level rookie.

Having said that, all 4 top QB prospects have the elite arms and most of them have the NFL body types.

We know Cam wasn't used correctly after Chud left, had Cam been with Sean Payton or Andy Reid Cam, IMO, would have been even more dominant.

You can get the best or the fourth best but it's what you feed him, what you surround him with that makes him a Champion.

I don't care which QB they get. You've got Joe Brady just pick one.

Archived