• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teddy Bridgewater vs. the Field

kungfoodude

48 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

One of the things you repeatedly highlight to show how much better Brees was than Bridgewater last year was the fact that his completion percentage was 7 points higher...but the fact that Bridgewater’s completion percentage was 7 points higher than Allen’s is apparently some throwaway stat that doesn’t even deserve mentioning? The only statistically significant difference between the two was their fumbles, I guess...

We really saying Teddy B is marginally lesser a QB than Drew Brees? The same moleface that has owned this franchise's ass the better half of the decade?  

You guys are just.. lol

6 hours ago, Madwolf said:

I think it will be interesting to see how he improves his time to throw with an offense built around him. I expect it to improve a little bit this year as a full time starter to the point where he's right around 15. 

Teddy was the same way with the Vikings.  I love how quickly he processes information, but I'm hoping that somehow Rhule and company can get him to take more risks. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bridgewater and Brees were playing in the same system with the same supporting cast. It's a much better direct comparison than Bridgewater and Allen who were playing in completely different systems with a completely different supporting casts. I just assumed people didn't need that spelled out.

Sure but doesn't it also diminish your argument that Bridgewater and Allen are the same player since you're basing that assessment off their stats, which as you rightfully explain, is affected by scheme and supporting cast? 

The other thing that keeps getting forgotten is that that wasn't Bridgewater's only 6 game stretch as a starter. It's easier to write off Allen's 6 game stretch as a flash in the pan because he subsequently crashed down to Earth in his other starts. But Bridgewater was at least an average NFL starter for 2 years in Minnesota, leading the team to an 11-5 record in 2015 and earning a pro bowl selection that year. 

I'm not going to sit here and say I think we got a hell of a qb in Bridgewater. I suspect we have essentially a league average starter with the potential for a bit more depending on how well he translates Brady's scheme. We are paying him at that rate as well, not like a repeat pro bowler. I also think the chances we have a more expensive Kyle Allen is pretty low too. You could sell me on the idea that the difference in salary may not be worth it but that's more on how dirt cheap Allen's contract is than Bridgwater getting too much. And for better or worse, the organization thinks we can be competitive in 2020, so rolling out Kyle Allen didn't seem in line with that vision.

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Bridgewater and Brees were playing in the same system with the same supporting cast. It's a much better direct comparison than Bridgewater and Allen who were playing in completely different systems with a completely different supporting casts. I just assumed people didn't need that spelled out.

Right...the “different systems” argument. And yet you felt perfectly equipped to compare Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater lol. You are really committed to these double standards...I applaud that.

28 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Right...the “different systems” argument. And yet you felt perfectly equipped to compare Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater lol. You are really committed to these double standards...I applaud that.

Sigh... the obvious difference being that we've seen that Saints offense put up video game numbers. You know, the one Teddy was playing in.

On 5/2/2020 at 8:47 PM, Wes21 said:

I can definitely appreciate that.  To me Teddy is in a special category of "middle of the road," right beside Alex Smith.  They are both smart players with lots of talent.  People talk about guys who trust their talent too much and it gets them in to trouble, but Smith and Teddy are the opposite.  They don't trust their talent enough.  But rest assured, there is a rhyme and a reason to what he does.  Even when he makes mistakes, there's a reason to it.  There isn't a lot of "panic" and bad decisions to his game.

Its shocking seeing Alex Smiths Win/lost record, he is not middle of the road. Hes also holds a great TD-TO ratio, hes been on three teams too. Different divisions, coaches, and players...still won and made playoffs. He vastly under-rated imo. Hes also made about 160 million in contracts too. 

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Sigh... the obvious difference being that we've seen that Saints offense put up video game numbers. You know, the one Teddy was playing in.

So just to reiterate...YOU brought up the direct comparison between Bridgewater and Allen, then I question you about it, and you answer “You can’t compare two quarterbacks in two different systems...duh”.

Oh Huddle...

Archived