• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Sammy Watkins Believes

7 hours ago, davos said:

I've hit my pen a few times tonight but see what he's trying to get at, but just not in a ideal way.  Don't get some responses in here...not many NFL players (or anyone for that matter) can appropriately explain their personal beliefs on consciousness and the human condition to others and sound relatable. 

I'm of the perspective we're all frequencies.  There's a base wave that all come from, and each receiver organism is tuning into a certain, complex channel.  Certain biological and neurological conditions align over time and can tune closely to others.  That's where the whole reincarnation bit comes in.  We're just hearing echoes in a tangential wavelength. 

the responses are expected. football culture doesn't align with introspection on consciousness. you'll get replies like "let me get what he's smoking"or "what drugs is he on?" remember ricky williams? he was just boxed in as some weed head weirdo. 

there are for sure different "dimensions" that we can't see unless you have some sort of hallucinogenic experience or you're able to get there through meditation. i believe in astral projection. i've experienced it. i think in the future if humans don't destroy this planet we will be able to prove it exists scientifically. i think humans of the past have just labeled these sorts of things as God or heaven. 

15 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Anyone know how that whole "coming back through your son" works?

(asking for a friend)

That may be the most self-centered, solipsistic thing a person could say... talk about the world only exists for the one person. Was it DesCartes that said some feel the world is simply painted on the inside of their own eyes?

I was serious about watching The Alchemist Cookbook. It is a low budget movie about a guy that isolates himself and spirals into madness. It is both funny and sad, and all I could think about while reading the article was the guy in that movie.

Real talk: The stuff Watkins talks about in the article, even though it is somewhat all over the place, is at least 75% aligned with what Scientologists believe. At least, on the surface. For that matter, it sounds like he's basically combined a lot of things from a lot of mainstream religions as well.

I went through a similar phase to him in my early 20's. Ultimately, the answers are unattainable. You can choose to simply accept that you don't/can't know all the answers or you can keep searching for them. In my opinion, insanity comes from the continued search.

Faith in yourself and your own experiences is what allows you to "settle" your desire to understand everything. On the surface, it sounds to me like Watkins is teetering on the edge of that "settling," but he still seeks to explain things that he perceives as unexplained.

Don’t get the big deal. Just because some religions/spirituality beliefs are more socially acceptable doesn’t make them sound just as fuging crazy. 

As an agnostic 99% of them sound absolutely batshit crazy/some sort of mental disorder to me and reading this is the same old poo.

But long as no one is being hurt, let live, who cares.

Archived