• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My understanding is PSLs have been really hard to sell

Hotsauce

9 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

PSLs are a scam and any owner that sells them under the guise of being an "investment" should be thrown in prison for fraud.

Those PSL's brought the Panthers to Charlotte and built our stadium and for that I would buy them again in 1994. Also, you should read the PSL contract. It explicitly states that you agree that you are not buying the PSL as an investment. 

On 7/2/2020 at 5:52 AM, Waldo said:

They are basically dookie flavored lollipops at this point. They exist but it's really hard to get rid of them. I wonder if you could even sell them at almost free prices at this point. Bad team, an owner publicly campaigning for a new stadium and Rona fugging up everything is a kiss of death for any value from PSLs. The last window for a possible sale probably came from the seat taking earlier this offseason. 

yum

On 7/2/2020 at 8:40 AM, Greatman77 said:

Who knows if fans will be allowed to attend games or if there will even be a season this year? PSLs are really a rip-off anyway, when the team owners get to decide the meaning of "permanent"..

The contract states "Bank of America Stadium" It's actually in newer contracts (Like Falcons PSLS) They're not good for a new stadium.

2 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

Those PSL's brought the Panthers to Charlotte and built our stadium and for that I would buy them again in 1994. Also, you should read the PSL contract. It explicitly states that you agree that you are not buying the PSL as an investment. 

If you held PSLs from 2010-2020... You saved 1.2015: $2,000 in tickets. A home game ticket was $240 by the Eagles game on Stubhub, Playoff tickets added up to $1,000 saved on their own. 2. $225 a ticket for Dallas when tickets we're going for $250-$300 3. 2011, 2015, 2017 home matchups with Greenbay that always drive a high price.

PSLs are a LUXURY... You can get 2-3 second hand for about $1,000 now, it's not exactly like you've lost $10,000. I never like to worry about my tickets, so I like having my 3 in 538.

On 7/2/2020 at 9:17 AM, electro's horse said:

we would kill to get rid of ours

jerry's final gift 

Just turn them back in if the odds of selling aren’t there 

I may be taking that road.  Or sell individual seats as I do when I can’t go and keep the license. You know these things

i feel your pain but you and I must remember we saw some tremendous things in that stadium along with the bad

On 7/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, djp14 said:

I love the NFL, but to me, it's the only pro sport that's better viewed on tv.

You are so wrong. What is seen in the stadium, can see the whole field, can see all adjustments made, can see how fast and big these players really are, can see the player and coach interaction...or not.  It’s a great experience 

being with your follow fans during playoffs, my god  particularly the playoff wins that took the team to the Super Bowl   You don’t get that in front of your tv 

seeing Cam Newton Play the last 9 years bought tremendous emotion from everyone...my only regret was the last game he played at the bank when he was clearly hurt. It was like watching a great racehorse trying to get to the finish line on a broken leg. It was heartbreaking 

see the likes of Brett Farve, Rodgers, Brady, Rivers...the great backs and receivers from pregame to postgame. The tailgating. The sound and smell of it. The emotion

this is what kept me coming back year after year. I shall miss it 

18 hours ago, djp14 said:

Eh. I've been to plenty of NFL games over the years, BOA, Fulton County Stadium, Shea Stadium. 

I stand by what I said. 

I concur.............football in person is only enhance by the crowd......the actual play on the field (unless you are on the sidelines or down in the first few rows) looks very underwhelming....................same with baseball. Both look far more impressive on TV than in person. 

The players look almost superhuman on TV in football.......live in person they look very pedestrian............I"m not impressed at all with the greatness of football live........

........and I came from Pgh where I saw all the great Steeler games of the 70's in person including the Immaculate Reception.............which was mass confusion before a celebration.............

........but the actual play was like.........what the hell happened?

There was no sense of anything special the moment it happened until the ref raised his hands for a touchdown..........it was the crowd which made that moment special.......seeing that play in person was a matter of confusion not excitement. 

However, the documentation of that play and the reaction on TV looks legendary........................the magic of TV made football what it is today and if I ever watch it again (I want to be entertained not preached to) it will be on my couch.

On 7/3/2020 at 2:05 PM, raleigh-panther said:

Just turn them back in if the odds of selling aren’t there 

I may be taking that road.  Or sell individual seats as I do when I can’t go and keep the license. You know these things

i feel your pain but you and I must remember we saw some tremendous things in that stadium along with the bad

I tried selling my tickets last year on StubHub. I recovered half my cost.  Maybe winning seasons would be different.  

Archived