• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why Winning Now Will Cost Us About 15 Years

SaltnPepper

8 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

It doesn't matter if FAs want to come here the cap won't let us sign them all.

So where does our QB come from cause if we sign one in FA we won't be able to afford anyone else. 

NE gets FAs cheaper all the time because they offer a shot at a ring.

6 minutes ago, SpeedOFLight said:

I rather win sooner than later. I don’t believe in tanking. I doubt a bunch grown professionals men do either especially when their jobs on the line. Time is a luxury so nothing is given. I’m happy with what I see right now. We have guys that are hungry and trying to win now. Feels good to win 

You must have never heard of delayed gratification. 

Just now, *FreeFua* said:

This was the big spiel you had planned out to post?

The worst part is that you clearly put thought into this considering you mentioned this earlier today and this is all you were able to come up with. Yikes 

Not to mention he used the steelers and packers as examples

1 minute ago, PantherOnTheProwl1523 said:

:eyeroll:

8 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

This was the big spiel you had planned out to post?

The worst part is that you clearly put thought into this considering you mentioned this earlier today and this is all you were able to come up with. Yikes 

I've been busy. Had a work emergency. 

I was going to go thru every team in the league. Dry spells between QBs. Show why certain guys went late and worked out but I didn't have time to do all that work because unfortunately life got in the way.

But I am a man of my word and said I would post today so I had to give cliffs.

28 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

It doesn't matter if FAs want to come here the cap won't let us sign them all.

So where does our QB come from cause if we sign one in FA we won't be able to afford anyone else. 

It wont let us sign them all but when at their peak, FAs were headed to NE for deals they wouldnt sign for anyone else. Why? A chance for a ring. As a competitor, at some point money doesn't matter. You need to win. A shrewd GM, definitely not Hurney, will be able to work that angle. Brady played most of his career far less than market value so the team could bring in FAs to win. 

You don't have to have a 50m QB. The Chiefs had Mahomes on his rookie deal. An average QB behind a solid OLine is better than a stellar QB behind a garbage one. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Chiefs with so much cap tied up in Mahomes. 

And let's not forget the coach makes a huge difference as well. I'm sure Rhule would have signed the contract if Tepper had told him to tank right from the beginning. Build a winning franchise and you will get there. 

So what we dont get TL. In a couple of years there will be another. Or maybe by that point we have started to build the confidence and the swag it takes for our deep playoff runs. 

You have no interest in anyone changing your mind. So on that note, I hope we 

WelloffGreatCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

31 minutes ago, SaltnPepper said:

Show me why I'm wrong. 

What have I said that's not factual?

Franchise coach > franchise QB

See Patriots

Do you realize how much it would stunt the development of our young team if we did what you suggested?  Then you think a QB at #1 is a sure thing?  What happened to Luck?  Cam?  Building a winning mindset with the right coach is the best way to long term success. 

16 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

serious cary elwes GIF

Are you serious?

How long between Bradshaw and Big Ben? Over 15

How long between Starr and Farve? I mentioned that Rodgers was the exception in the OP?

How many franchises have done it with two different QBs in 15 yrs or less if the 2nd QB wasn't already on the roster?

Archived