• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Its not Jake's fault.

Zod

WHO here wanted us to draft Joe Flacco the year we took Stewart? It wasnt even an absolute that Flacco would go in the first round that year. Sure, in hindsight that might have been an awesome choice, but noone here, or anywhere else, was clamoring for Flacco in Carolina.

Still doesnt make the fact that we don't have a competent QB on the roster any easier to stomach, though.

Ultimately a GM is responsible for his choices.

We have a top 2 runnng back on the roster in Deangelo Williams. We didn't need to burn a #13 on another running back.

Jeff Otah is a very good tackle but cost us a 1st rounder the next year.

However, trading away this years #1 for Everett Brown is another Hurney failure.

We'd be looking at a top 10 choice this year most likely if Hurney didn't keep giving away our future #1s.

What game where you guys watching? Jake was 17 of 30 with at least 5 obvious drops on passes right on the hands. What more could he do at this point. He could have won it today if he was given the chance. Davidson took the ball out of his hands. Jake was cheated today from being given an opportunity he deserved. Davidson should have known he was going to play well here. He always does.

What game where you guys watching? Jake was 17 of 30 with at least 5 obvious drops on passes right on the hands. What more could he do at this point. He could have won it today if he was given the chance. Davidson took the ball out of his hands. Jake was cheated today from being given an opportunity he deserved. Davidson should have known he was going to play well here. He always does.

What game were YOU watching? Did you notice when ever we called a pass that was longer than 10 yards, it was a high thrown ball? There was nothing wrong at all with the play calling. Jake has already been given chances this year to prove himself and he's failed each time. How many more chances do you give him? Do you want him throwing long more? We tried that and it's resulted in him having the most INTs in the league. The game plan called by Davidson was very good. Run, run, run. That's all we have left to do. We can no longer pass it down the field. Davidson compensated for Jake and did a good job.

What game were YOU watching? Did you notice when ever we called a pass that was longer than 10 yards, it was a high thrown ball? There was nothing wrong at all with the play calling. Jake has already been given chances this year to prove himself and he's failed each time. How many more chances do you give him? Do you want him throwing long more? We tried that and it's resulted in him having the most INTs in the league. The game plan called by Davidson was very good. Run, run, run. That's all we have left to do. We can no longer pass it down the field. Davidson compensated for Jake and did a good job.

Yea anyone talking about those "drops" being the WR fault clearly wasn't watching the same game as the rest of us.

Oh look I jumped 10 ft in the air and tipped it with my hand, must have been my fault.

Oh, or I am in triple coverage and get hit by 2 people as soon as the ball touches my fingertips. Sorry my fault guys.

Yea anyone talking about those "drops" being the WR fault clearly wasn't watching the same game as the rest of us.

Oh look I jumped 10 ft in the air and tipped it with my hand, must have been my fault.

Oh, or I am in triple coverage and get hit by 2 people as soon as the ball touches my fingertips. Sorry my fault guys.

He threw 2 deeps balls to Smitty which both should have been caught. One was caught and the other Smitty gave up on. He had several good passes to Barnidge and the one to Jarret should have been caught. He had a very nice one to Moore and the list goes on.

No need going back and forth since you aren't open to anything but blaming Jake for everything so have at it. But I did my job which was to provide balance and reality to the sutuation which won't be overshadowed by how many times you say the same thing in an attempt to get in the last word. The good thing is that most folks on this forum are knowledgeable about what really happened and won't be swayed by negative ranting from the lunatic fringe.

Wow I hate to pull this card but....I have spent time covering the team....Fox is ultimately responsible.....he has a QB he obviously trusts or he wouldn't be out there....this QB, after howmanyeveryears? does what he is told and believes what his coach tells him....and this coach believes he will ultimately deliver what he wants on the field......and you all can still hate on the QB......

At this point the buck stops above the QB....and goes up through the offensive CO and th head coach....how obvious do I need to make it to y'alll?

He threw 2 deeps balls to Smitty which both should have been caught. One was caught and the other Smitty gave up on. He had several good passes to Barnidge and the one to Jarret should have been caught. He had a very nice one to Moore and the list goes on.

No need going back and forth since you aren't open to anything but blaming Jake for everything so have at it. But I did my job which was to provide balance and reality to the sutuation which won't be overshadowed by how many times you say the same thing in an attempt to get in the last word. The good thing is that most folks on this forum are knowledgeable about what really happened and won't be swayed by negative ranting from the lunatic fringe.

You should put in your application for a position on the Panthers staff next year.

Your expectations are right along with theirs.

"Hey guys our QB made 2 or 3 NFL quality throws out of 30, what a guy we have on our hands here"

The team is 3-5, no fringe lunatic or not needs to sway anyone.

On the other hand, the non delusional will see what actually happened.(and has been happening)

Ultimately a GM is responsible for his choices.

We have a top 2 runnng back on the roster in Deangelo Williams. We didn't need to burn a #13 on another running back.

Jeff Otah is a very good tackle but cost us a 1st rounder the next year.

However, trading away this years #1 for Everett Brown is another Hurney failure.

We'd be looking at a top 10 choice this year most likely if Hurney didn't keep giving away our future #1s.

Williams didnt turn into a top-2 back until after we drafted Stewart. There may have been some rumblings about Furney going all-in that year with Otah and Stewart, but those rumblings got real quiet when we were winning.

There is alot more wrong with this team then Jake. You do have to ask the question though if they are not gonna let him pass the why the hell is he out there.

That is my general opinion. At the same time, we've seen what happens when they do let him pass. I was astonished he threw 30 passes today without a pick. That is a good sign for him, though I wish he woulda gotten at least one TD out of it. Then again, we all know about the drops...

It's not just about passing, but the formations, too...

I understand Carolina plays very well with the play action pass. However, a shotgun formation here and there would be nice. I think the only time I've seen us use a shotgun is to run a draw play. =\

Jake did what we asked him to do. Did he limit us some? yes

Is he the reason we lost? no

The thing I don't like about football is its so big a lot of morons watch it and all blame goes on the QB because they are so naive but of course they don't realize it.

I blame the coaches today... tie game, two time outs and plenty of time left to run it out, which coincidentally is our only real strong suit, and they decide to take long shots down the sideline to Mr. Speedy himself Jarrett...

I'm still disgusted the day after. Jake's throws were high and often set our receivers up to get creamed, but like Zod said, I've kind of come to expect it from him. But hey, at least they let him throw the damn ball... unlike Moore. Yeah, not sure wtf is wrong with our coaching staff this year. We loook great, then crap, then decent, then crap... roller coasters are fun, right? :sigh:

Archived