• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Several" indianapolis colts test positive

Jeremy Igo

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

College football did not try to bubble. Major League Baseball did not attempt a bubble. Soccer did not bubble. Hockey did a bubble and it worked. Basketball did a bubble and it worked. No other sports did a bubble. They find a way to move games around that are missed. 

Agree with the overall point but to be fair, MLB cut their season by nearly two thirds and has been bubbling all playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Jacabee said:

Agree with the overall point but to be fair, MLB cut their season by nearly two thirds and has been bubbling all playoffs.

Because of the shortened season they had to play 60 games in like 52 days. Some teams had to play even more due to contracting covid. Without bubbling until the playoffs. And there were no rules about where you could go or eat like the NBA or Hockey. 
College football has no bubble. Games get moved around. The NFL will make it work. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Because of the shortened season they had to play 60 games in like 52 days. Some teams had to play even more due to contracting covid. Without bubbling until the playoffs. And there were no rules about where you could go or eat like the NBA or Hockey. 
College football has no bubble. Games get moved around. The NFL will make it work. 

They are going a pretty good job. However it's on all the players and staff. The weakest links control this situation, not the NFL.

19 minutes ago, t96 said:

All were false positives. Colts game is on. 

This is why I have always said, do away with these draconian protocols and ridiculous testing all together. I have access to the greatest Covid test on the face of the planet 24/7, want to know what it is? MY OWN BODY! I’m a huge believer in you are as healthy as you feel, the human body is an amazing thing, it will let you know if you are sick, you don’t need a “test” to tell you.  NFL should treat Covid like any other illness, if a player complains of feeling sick, then isolate that particular player. Whatever happened to good ole science and letting your body let you know you are sick by feeling like crap instead of some unreliable “test” 

5 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

This is why I have always said, do away with these draconian protocols and ridiculous testing all together. I have access to the greatest Covid test on the face of the planet 24/7, want to know what it is? MY OWN BODY! I’m a huge believer in you are as healthy as you feel, the human body is an amazing thing, it will let you know if you are sick, you don’t need a “test” to tell you.  NFL should treat Covid like any other illness, if a player complains of feeling sick, then isolate that particular player. Whatever happened to good ole science and letting your body let you know you are sick by feeling like crap instead of some unreliable “test” 

The bold is an oxymoron. The underlined Is literally the opposite of science.

11 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Bruh what?

Covid is infections when you are asymptomatic... So even if you feel fine, you can still spread it to others, who will then get it, and not feel fine. 

That's why the protocols are in place... to stop the spread.

Also this logic... It's not logical.

You - "I feel great, bet I aced my physical"

Dr. "You have cancer. Luckily we caught it early"

You: "No Doc. That's not possible I FEEL fine so I AM fine. I believe the SCIENCE of my body over your "tests". Dingus"

Bruh, what?

Just now, Jacabee said:

The bold is an oxymoron. The underlined Is literally the opposite of science.

Testing is completely pointless for a variety of reasons. A. Unless you get tested every single day, it makes zero difference. Just because I test negative today doesn’t mean I will test negative tomorrow. B. Turnaround time is too long to make a difference anyway. C. There isn’t a cure, so If you test positive, so what? You will either A. Remain asymptomatic or B. Get so badly sick you will just go to the hospital anyway with or without a test. It’s not like once you test positive, they will prescribe you meds to knock it out like a curable std. 

all testing is doing is contributing to the numbers and giving the media something to fear monger over. I would totally be ok with testing if there was actually a cure. Take chlamydia for example, if you test positive they practically give you a pill on the spot to knock it out then and there. Covid has turned this country into scared, hypochondriac germaphobes who wear masks all the time and are super obsessed with testing for illness 

7 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Bruh what?

Covid is infections when you are asymptomatic... So even if you feel fine, you can still spread it to others, who will then get it, and not feel fine. 

That's why the protocols are in place... to stop the spread.

Also this logic... It's not logical.

You - "I feel great, bet I aced my physical"

Dr. "You have cancer. Luckily we caught it early"

You: "No Doc. That's not possible I FEEL fine so I AM fine. I believe the SCIENCE of my body over your "tests". Dingus"

Bruh, what?

Your logic makes zero sense and proves my point. There are treatments and cures for certain cancers if caught early even if you are asymptomatic. Covid there are none unless you get so badly ill you are practically at deaths door. It would be completely different if there was treatments for asymptomatic Covid like say chlamydia where if you test positive you can go to the pharmacy and get a pill to knock it out, but that doesn’t exist. 

6 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Testing is completely pointless for a variety of reasons. A. Unless you get tested every single day, it makes zero difference. Just because I test negative today doesn’t mean I will test negative tomorrow. B. Turnaround time is too long to make a difference anyway. C. There isn’t a cure, so If you test positive, so what? You will either A. Remain asymptomatic or B. Get so badly sick you will just go to the hospital anyway with or without a test. It’s not like once you test positive, they will prescribe you meds to knock it out like a curable std. 

all testing is doing is contributing to the numbers and giving the media something to fear monger over. I would totally be ok with testing if there was actually a cure. Take chlamydia for example, if you test positive they practically give you a pill on the spot to knock it out then and there. Covid has turned this country into scared, hypochondriac germaphobes who wear masks all the time and are super obsessed with testing for illness 

Are you really arguing that confirmed positive tests have “zero value”. At minimum, surely you understand that the knowledge allows you to adjust behavior to limit exposing others? I mean I guess you can debate the inferences that should be drawn from data and how it is applied, but to argue that having less data is objectively better is completely irrational.

16 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Your logic makes zero sense and proves my point. There are treatments and cures for certain cancers if caught early even if you are asymptomatic. Covid there are none unless you get so badly ill you are practically at deaths door. It would be completely different if there was treatments for asymptomatic Covid like say chlamydia where if you test positive you can go to the pharmacy and get a pill to knock it out, but that doesn’t exist. 

The point of the testing is not to find a cure. The testing is done to trace, isolate, and prevent spread.  Yeah, nothing can really be done if you catch it at the moment, you need to just ride it out. HOWEVER, if you do pop a positive test you can run contact tracing to see others you came in contact with to inform them that they themselves should be aware and to isolate in order to prevent the spread outward to those who are at potentially higher risks. 

If you catch chlamydia and don't realize it, you can just stop having sex and it won't spread to anyone else. If you catch covid, just stay away from people, and others won't catch it from you as well. Same concept. 

Has the media made this into a circus? Yes. Is it highly contagious? Yes. Is this disease a threat to MOST people? No. Would it be an issue for a certain people with pre-existing conditions? Yes. That's why you test and isolate. To save those people. It's not about you. It's not about a cure at this point. Right now our only defense against it is to stop interacting with people who have it. It's why New Zealand has done such a bang-up job throughout the whole thing and why they are fully open again (they will most likely get popped again so that won't last forever, they're still in far better shape than we are here in America). The most recent round of testing and contact tracing lead them to a damn trash can and elevator where it spread. That's insane. It's reasons like that it's better to know than not know. The data received from testing is valuable in more ways than one. 

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, most cases are mild or asymptomatic. Go tell those 200k+ overdramatic fakers in the grave to get their lazy asses up.

Comparing probably the 200,000 dead that 80% of them were in their 70s-80s (See NY's death and cause and effect, that's 20% of your deaths there) to 20-35 year old otherwise healthy males is hilarious.

The NFL has offered anyone the ability to opt out and not play (or coach before the "WHAT ABOUT GRANDMA AND GRANDPA") crowd comes in. This is outrageous and overblown, for god sakes, they have to TEST and make sure these players are sick.

Archived