• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bucs trade Jets for DT

RenoCarolina

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, when you have a 43 year old QB you probably should be all in. Two late round picks to fill a gap wouldn't be a steep price to pay.

Actually they're sending their 2022 6th for McLendon + the Jets' 2023 7th lol, weird trade...but I guess making these future draft picks helps to offset the drastic difference in draft positions between these two teams.  Otherwise if it was next year's picks, then the Bucs' 6th and the Jets' 7th would be very similar in value.

Either way, can't imagine this guy is any good for that underwhelming of a haul...seems like more of a depth move.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

With the Jets... Well, is anybody good with the Jets?

The Jets might have quite the surprise coming when they come into their predraft Trevor Lawrence interview prepared to put him through the ringer and they have to shift on the fly once the figure out that they desperately need to try to convince him not to pull an Eli on them.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

The Jets might have quite the surprise coming when they come into their predraft Trevor Lawrence interview prepared to put him through the ringer and they have to shift on the fly once the figure out that they desperately need to try to convince him not to pull an Eli on them.

Even if they dump Gase?

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even if they dump Gase?

Honestly, I think the top prospects have it all wrong. They're going very high no matter what. I'd be trying to wiggle my way into the situation I thought was the best fit for me among the top teams in the draft. They should probably be interviewing those teams every bit as much as those teams are interviewing them. That's how free agency works. The draft really shouldn't be any different.

18 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Actually they're sending their 2022 6th for McLendon + the Jets' 2023 7th lol, weird trade...but I guess making these future draft picks helps to offset the drastic difference in draft positions between these two teams.  Otherwise if it was next year's picks, then the Bucs' 6th and the Jets' 7th would be very similar in value.

Either way, can't imagine this guy is any good for that underwhelming of a haul...seems like more of a depth move.

It's a 2020 6th round pick from the Bucs for McLendon and a 2023 7th round pick from the Jets.  By that time the Jets might actually be ok and it won't be the first pick in the 7th round.  I doubt it but maybe.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, I think the top prospects have it all wrong. They're going very high no matter what. I'd be trying to wiggle my way into the situation I thought was the best fit for me among the top teams in the draft. They should probably be interviewing those teams every bit as much as those teams are interviewing them. That's how free agency works. The draft really shouldn't be any different.

Valid, but that's not an easy thing to do even for stars. Only Eli and Elway have gotten away with it that I can recall.

Maybe it only works if one of your names starts with E :thinking:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Valid, but that's not an easy thing to do even for stars. Only Eli and Elway have gotten away with it that I can recall.

Maybe it only works if one of your names starts with E :thinking:

Maybe other guys didn't have the guts to do it or maybe others tried and failed? I don't know. There have definitely been instances when guys were drafted by teams and didn't exactly look thrilled about it.

Archived