• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we cut Shaq next year.

Snake

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No one is trading for an overpaid LB. They probably see the same thing we do. Yeah, he's decent. Then they look at that contract and LOL.

I'm not even sure how that sales pitch would go. How many sacks does he get a year? Well... He's not really a sack guy. Well how many pass break ups then? Well um... Ok ok but he's top player in tackles right? Well... No

I'd definitely try to renegotiate. Most folks don't understand Shaq's contract (especially the critics) and that he's only costing a little over $7M this year. You'd think that the posters that associate salary numbers with performance expectations, he's overperforming.

His cap hit jumps though next year and stays up there. However, there's not a lot of guaranteed money left there and we can possibly restructure to help deal with the next season's reduced salary cap that has resulted from COVID-19. Tahir Whitehead needs to be replaced and there aren't many attractive FA options to replace Shaq with.

Poor Shaq is one of the most underappreciated players on the team since Star Lotulelei.

We should do with Shaq what we did with Charles Johnson after his ''big money'' contract expired. Release him to save the cap space, let him test the market, and also make a move to bring him back at a more reasonable salary. It would be foolish not to try to take advantage of the ''out'' in his contract, but I do think he is a good LB'er to have moving forward. I think that whole room is remade this off-season / draft. 

Archived