• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shams: Charlotte is looking into getting Westbrook. Also, shoot me.

10 hours ago, TikTOK said:

We couldn’t afford to keep Kemba but we apparently can for Russell? Jordan is an idiot.

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

Couple of thoughts...

Loved Westbrook from his last year at UCLA and when he first came into the league, but the more I've watched him over the years, the less I like.  The Rockets net rating was down all year when he was in vs when he was out.  He's just not efficient and his limitations are easily exposed.  So I'm not interested, AT ALL.  I also suspect wherever he ends up, he will wash out into irrelevance pretty quickly, bc it seems the league has caught on too.

I figure Jordan is doing his due diligence with him being a Jordan guy ***WHICH HAS NEVER WORKED OUT IN OUR FAVOR*** and because he is still considered a star which would be good for the bottom line, but O just don't see the appeal.  

Many other reliable sources on Twitter are reporting there actually is no interest from us, and then as I've seen here ITT, Westbrook prolly wants no part of us either.  So, really it amounts to nothing.

19 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

A year removed from the situation - I am actually glad we have moved on from Kemba. My feelings for him clouded my judgement - You cannot build a deep playoff team with Kemba being the #1 piece.

Seeing him play on a deep playoff run - Celtics had to hide him on defense against the bigger guards and he was picked on - which probably wore him out and made his offense go in a slump. I love love love Kemba still and cheered for the friggin Celtics this past year (bleh) because of him.. But I was enlightened while watching him and realize we might be in a better - Kemba sure is in a better place.. very rare that we both move in a positive direction

^^All that to say - we "couldn't afford Kemba" is not accurate.. we gave him a "low offer" so he could reject it, take the high road and go to Free Agency waters and find a championship contender..

Yeah, I remember being pretty unhappy about it. But now? I'm very, very, content with us not signing him. He's a piece but not a player you can build around. 

12 hours ago, TikTOK said:

MJ doesn’t care about building a team long term. He cares about how many tickets he can sell right now.

Which is why this makes even less sense.  With the pandemic, it's gonna be limited capacity, regardless.

2 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Another note on Kemba -- I just read a blurb about the Celtics wanting to acquire Jrue Holiday and they would be looking to send their 1st round picks and Kemba... Interesting that the Celtics would be willing to move on from him so soon, let alone that it seems they're actively looking to upgrade PG after signing him.

Feels like rumors created just because of Jordan brand.    This always happens.   Like pointed out, it never helps us in any way and Jordan's failure of running a NBA team doesn't help.    Jordan has been the man with many avenues but owner isn't one of them.   

22 minutes ago, t96 said:

Another note on Kemba -- I just read a blurb about the Celtics wanting to acquire Jrue Holiday and they would be looking to send their 1st round picks and Kemba... Interesting that the Celtics would be willing to move on from him so soon, let alone that it seems they're actively looking to upgrade PG after signing him.

at least their front office see a problem and aren't afraid to try n address it.. we have sat on problems and made excuses for them for years and years.. hopefully under Mitch, things are changing..

1 hour ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

at least their front office see a problem and aren't afraid to try n address it.. we have sat on problems and made excuses for them for years and years.. hopefully under Mitch, things are changing..

I agree, just pointing it out for those that think we made the wrong move letting Kemba go. 

So after years of ignoring the hornets they get some of my interest back form building a young roster with talent... Now this??

I said this a while back-"Westbrook is closest player to Jordan since Jordan", but that was when he 25 years old. Id hate to pay a 33 year 40mill, then 42 mill the next. Bad fit for this team. I do see the benefit if Batum is traded for this year, but after that it hurts. Doesnt the NBa have to lower its cap form all the loss money?? Those future yrs will hit harder and they are already radioactive.

Archived