• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

So he can’t shoot or play defense...and he is the best player in the draft?

his psycho dad will be trying to renegotiate his rookie contract and get him out of Charlotte a month into the season 

i hate this pick

the kid mero crying GIF by Desus & Mero

u should protest by not watching or posting about them anymore 

9 minutes ago, JJman Returns said:

Look, almost everybody hates Lavar Ball, but if you think his narcissism spreads to his kids, you’re wrong. His kids are very quiet for how famous they are, and they have an extraordinary work ethic. I’ve never been more excited about a draft pick by this franchise. 

My reservations have everything to do with his shooting and defense. Nothing to do with his character.

I've done a ton of podcast listening, article reading.... Ball is the best pick of Wiseman/Ball/Edwards. 

He hasn't played a game in a year but insiders I trust said his work ethic is great, he loves the game and has the most feel for the game of anyone in the entire draft. 

He's also been working on his shot mechanics and footwork. He already has Lillard/Steph range he just needs to tighten his form. If he does, then he is a star, plain and simple.

2 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

My reservations have everything to do with his shooting and defense. Nothing to do with his character.

Those concerns apply to the other players as well. But the other guys don't have elite vision and passing, which LaMelo undisputedly does. He will step into the league as a rookie already one of the best passers and some of the best vision among PGs. If he develops his shot and we coach him up defensively he has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best PGs in the entire league. You can't pass that up.

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Why trade him what exactly are we gonna get for him? We need shooters

Ball needs to start at PG and we have Graham who is cheaper and better than Rozier to play the guard also. We should be able to get some return for Rozier (perhaps a shooter or draft pick).

Just now, t96 said:

Those concerns apply to the other players as well. But the other guys don't have elite vision and passing, which LaMelo undisputedly does. He will step into the league as a rookie already one of the best passers and some of the best vision among PGs. If he develops his shot and we coach him up defensively he has the potential to be one of the best, if not the best PGs in the entire league. You can't pass that up.

Exactly. 

Just now, t96 said:

I have less concerns about the shooting and defense of other players at the top of the draft.

As far as us being able to coach him up, color me skeptical.  And that has nothing to do with my perception of Ball's work ethic or attitude, and everything to do with me having no confidence in this franchise being able to anything right. We've had so many lottery picks over the years that have failed. At some point you have to think some of the problem is player development, not just inability to properly scout and evaluate talent.

Archived