• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Rhule and Company really think teddy is our guy?

Diehardpanther02

In all honesty, at the beginning of the season I thought for sure Teddy would be a stop gap until Rhule drafts his "guy". I thought, certainly, that he would not risk going a fair amount of time without taking a chance on his guy in the draft. I hope for all things Carolina that we are taking the route the dolphins are with Fitz and Tua. Go draft your guy, one that can probably start day one, but mold him into what you want at a reasonable pace and leave your Vet to take the beatings until you get the roster right. If that is the case I'm happy with the Bridgewater signing, because that's what we're getting.

But the more I think about it, there is part of me that wonders if they are really all in on Teddy. 43 Million guaranteed is alot of money for a guy like that. We over paid, no questions ask. Were they thinking they could get just a decent guy who won't lose you ball games and surround him with talent to mask his ineffectiveness Idk, but I'm sick of the mediocrity under center. Cam is gone. And I think his prime years spoiled me bc we were always in the game. For as long as he was here.  Either way there is no chance we have to witness another full year of teddy is there?

I can't take another one yard check down to Mike davis, or whomever, in any 3rd and my long situation..it's so depressing. 

13 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Hurney was ready to draft Herbert. Rhule and Brady weren’t. Those two dumb college coaches think that you can win in the NFL with mediocrity at QB. I have a feeling that Hurney would’ve given up a fortune for Herbert if he was allowed to. 

You have no insight whatsoever into what happened behind the scenes.

There are people who do, and they would tell you your theories are ridiculous.

But then, ridiculous theories have been your thing in pretty much every ID you've had on here.

He was signed a three year deal with an out after 2 years. Like the Panthers can say they’re done and goodbye to TB after next year with essentially no consequence. It’s basically a 2 year contract leaving TB at 30 years old.

That is NOT the type of contract you give ‘your guy’. I’m fact that’s everything but blatantly telling TB he is here for very short term and he’d have to really prove he’s special for even 3 years to be considered.

This franchise knows it will be drafting a QB of the future soon, and signing anyone long term would be stupid.

You could say it’s really a 42 m contract for two years and that’s too much. But it will be short lived in the grand scheme of things. It’s already half over.

The posters whining about his contract are extremely melodramatic. 

Panthers are not stuck in a contract with any QB thankfully, and are still working off the highest dead money in the NFL. Saving money and not signing TB to obviously tank with a new coach trying to build a culture and needing players to buy in seems to be an an unpredictable experiment the FO did not seem to want to take.

Finally this has been a blue print for Rhule everywhere he has gone. Consider this same team without him for past two years didn’t do any better any reasonable person would look at that and not expect immediate results.

Prime position to see how the 2021/2022 draft falls and potentially sit a new QB if needed. Drafting a QB is going to happen, it’s obviously imminent.  Quote me on that.

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

There’s no explanation for the contract Teddy got. We were better off rolling the dice with Cam for one year than signing a phantom QB like Bridgewater for 60 million just because he was cast off from team Candyass in NO.

Cam asked for commitment. He wasn’t going to play for one year and burned himself in FA.

This is one of the most hollow arguments anyways because it wouldn’t have mattered, we’d still be doing just as bad and would t have the option to sit a QB which seems pretty important since we’d still have around the same pick and won’t get one of the best prospects. And finally no one in their right mind would sign cam to a long term starter deal before or after this season.

9 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Our receivers are better than anything NE could put on the field so judging the guy AGAIN without giving him something to work with is how the haters and lovers continue to misunderstand the guy. At his best he's a world beater, at his worst, average.

He’s has a better defense, coaching, special teams, and much easier schedule. NFL and QB success isn’t just about QBs and their receivers, though it is the only thing the Panthers rank above the Patriots.

Essentially saying he needs better coaching, oline, defense, schedule and weapons to have success but he’s a world beater QB is quite paradox.

It isn’t 2015 anymore, his best is average and his worst is almost what we’re seeing.

If what you say is true he wouldn’t be playing for vet min. But I’m sure there’ll be reasons and excuses for that too. We’d also see a high dollar long term contract coming is way at the end of the season, if what you say is true. I’d bet my life that isn’t happening. But I’m sure there are reasons for that too.

2 hours ago, TikTOK said:

Hurney was ready to draft Herbert. Rhule and Brady weren’t. Those two dumb college coaches think that you can win in the NFL with mediocrity at QB. I have a feeling that Hurney would’ve given up a fortune for Herbert if he was allowed to. 

Isn't Snow the one who mentioned this? Since he is the one that said it, not Hurney, I feel like Rhule was on-board since Snow is one of his guys and knows Rhule well.

Archived