• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I prefer Lance over Lawrence, think he'll be the better "pro". Hes better than the fallen Wertz was as a prospect and he went #2. Hes a better throwing Cam, but doesnt have all of Cams rushing ability. Ooozing with all the traits that are needed/wanted in a 2021 QB. 

Ive stated my opinion on preferring Sewell over the QBs, mainly cause panthers are not ready for QB. The main reason why most of the #1 overall QBs fail is they goto the team with the worst record. Like the panthers they have many holes, QB is just one 1 out of 22. If the panthers draft wilson and put him behind the total new OL, rip Wilson. Panthers will be drafting in the top five for the next five years. Then the huddle will be confused as to reason and be non-stop complaining. So I see why they want a QB....

Yeah I’m pretty much with you in this way of thinking. If we go QB and it’s between Wilson or Lance then I personally prefer Lance. But I would rather get the Oline fixed first and worry about QB when we can protect him. The exception being Lawrence. If we were picking at #1 I would still take him as he’s just the most promising QB prospect coming out since Luck 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Food for thought.  I am also big on building a line but this isnt the year to pick a tackle early in the first.  That was last year.  If you listen to Dane Bruglers Prospect to the Pros podcast he breaks down Sewell and his film and he would have been like the 4rth best tackle last year.  He is high on him and thinks he probably is the first non qb taken but there are issues with him.  worth a listen

4th?!?!?!? Post the link and timestamp if possible, I have a open mind. I believe Sewell is best OT since anthony munoz. One of my favorite Munoz stories is he had two different knee surgeries before pros and during the rookie testing, he broken the leg press machine. 

Its the the ultra rare position the panthers are in, for me to want Sewell over the QBs. 99.999999769879774% of the time Id agree with drafting a QB. Not with a total new OL filled with cheap vets, UDFAs, and other rookies. That is a great way to waste that QBs' football career, along with setting this org back 5 years. Alone on this mountain. 

10 minutes ago, Basbear said:

4th?!?!?!? Post the link and timestamp if possible, I have a open mind. I believe Sewell is best OT since anthony munoz. One of my favorite Munoz stories is he had two different knee surgeries before pros and during the rookie testing, he broken the leg press machine. 

Its the the ultra rare position the panthers are in, for me to want Sewell over the QBs. 99.999999769879774% of the time Id agree with drafting a QB. Not with a total new OL filled with cheap vets, UDFAs, and other rookies. That is a great way to waste that QBs' football career, along with setting this org back 5 years. Alone on this mountain. 

https://theathletic.com/podcast/52-prospects-to-pros/?episode=72

7:50. 

Damn last year was the year to get a left tackle.  Nothing against brown but last years group was special

3 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Yeah I’m pretty much with you in this way of thinking. If we go QB and it’s between Wilson or Lance then I personally prefer Lance. But I would rather get the Oline fixed first and worry about QB when we can protect him. The exception being Lawrence. If we were picking at #1 I would still take him as he’s just the most promising QB prospect coming out since Luck 

I honestly can not say much about Wilson, I just have not seen the games. The highlights Ive seen, I get the biggest Baker Mayfield vibe, fyi Im not a Baker fan(hes looking better without a top WR adds to my confusion). Lance is the rarest raw material on earth, by far the highest ceiling. Honestly if I was the Jets, Id act like everyone else and get everyone thinking Lawrence.....But listen to those kings ransom offers and take one with chance of landing Lance with 3 other first and few mid-rounders too.  

8 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

But I would rather get the Oline fixed first and worry about QB when we can protect him. 

Our O line isn’t great but it’s ranked in the top half in everything I’ve seen. Pff has us above Buffalo and 4-5 spots below the chiefs.

What kind of line are we waiting for? 

When you look around the league, dominate O lines stay together for a year or two. Those players (when they’re good) are just too rare and too costly to keep around.

In this league, ‘fixing’ the O line is a constant process. You’ll rarely get that perfect group everyone wants.

Besides, with a rookie QB, we can spend big on an OL after Teddy is cut.

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

https://theathletic.com/podcast/52-prospects-to-pros/?episode=72

7:50. 

Damn last year was the year to get a left tackle.  Nothing against brown but last years group was special

Thanks not a member, have to take your word on it. Im always up for different opinions, especially form people like Dane Brugler. Hes got experiance and in the "know". We just dont agree here at all, but I realize my opinons this draft season are waaaaaay out there too. Lance > Lawrence () Sewell > QBs 

5 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Our O line isn’t great but it’s ranked in the top half in everything I’ve seen. Pff has us above Buffalo and 4-5 spots below the chiefs.

When you look around the league, dominate O lines stay together for a year or two. Those players (when they’re good) are just too rare and too costly to keep around.

In this league, ‘fixing’ the O line is a constant process. You’ll rarely get that perfect group everyone wants.

And we stand to lose just about everyone on this current line except maybe paradis and he needs to go as well. 

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Im fine with this OL, even said before the season it would be better than people think. The OL is 2021 will only have Little(ugh), Daley(injuries/ can not beat out Reed), and Paradis(something needs to done to his contract- cut or extend). So easily the panthers could/should be looking at new OLmen for the 2021 season. Everyone else is FA. With many other holes to fill and only 40ish million in cap space(if paradis-kk-wearth-etc) get cut. Good-luck putting a rookie bethind that cheap Vet Rookie filled OL...... not like he could be David "broken" Carr ...... or pull a Andrew"retired" Luck....... or Joe "my leg got put a blender" Burrow...... nah not going to happen....

4 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im fine with this OL, even said before the season it would be better than people think. The OL is 2021 will only have Little(ugh), Daley(injuries/ can not beat out Reed), and Paradis(something needs to done to his contract- cut or extend). So easily the panthers could/should be looking at new OLmen for the 2021 season. With many other holes to fill and only 40ish million in cap space(if paradis-kk-wearth-etc) get cut. Everyone else is FA. Good-luck putting a rookie between that cheap Vet Rookie filled OL...... not like he could be David "broken" Carr ...... or put a Andrew"retired" Luck....... or Joe "my leg got put a blender" Burrow...... 

So if we put together this great line filled with top draft picks in 3-4 years when and how exactly do get a top 5 draft pick to get a QB? 

You get a QB when you suck. That’s your only real chance. 

Can you imagine if Cincinnati passed on Burrow because their line wasn’t ‘good enough’ yet?

16 minutes ago, Tbe said:

So if we put together this great line filled with top draft picks in 3-4 years when and how exactly do get a top 5 draft pick to get a QB? 

You get a QB when you suck. That’s your only real chance. 

Can you imagine if Cincinnati passed on Burrow because their line wasn’t ‘good enough’ yet?

Rare deal, does putting said QB behind that line work? Id just like some sort stable OL before investing a pick on a top 5 QB. Him sitting kills the value of drafting a QB, cause its one less year before you must hand over 50 million per. Like 3 out 5 with at least one good backup, that seems fair and smart for my wants. 

Again 6 free agents, 2 young guys who can not get on the field, and 1 who either needs to cut or extended. Thats not stable at all. Panthers may be starting a 2019 practice squader or undrafted rookies in 2021. Why on earth would you put a rookie QB behind that?? Especially one that you spent a top five chip on. I even gave recent examples-Luck, Burrow, and Carr. Its a blueprint on how to ruin a QB and destroy a franchise 

Its like dropping 50k on a engine and putting it in a car with 4 bald tires. But hey you could still get to Indy tho...

I promise you Burrow wished they had a better OL, I promise you. He should not have been out there, smart fans were calling for him to sit the bench.

6 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Rare deal, does putting said QB behind that line work? Id just like some sort stable OL before investing a pick on a top 5 QB. Him sitting kills the value of drafting a QB, cause its one less year before you must hand over 50 million per. Like 3 out 5 with at least one good backup, that seems fair and smart for my wants. 

Again 6 free agents, 2 young guys who can not get on the field, and 1 who either needs to cut or extended. Thats not stable at all. Panthers may be starting a 2019 practice squader or undrafted rookies in 2021. Why on earth would you put a rookie QB behind that?? Especially one that you spent a top five chip on. I even gave recent examples-Luck, Burrow, and Carr. Its a blueprint on how to ruin a QB and destroy a franchise 

Its like dropping 50k on a engine and putting it in a car with 4 bald tires. But hey you could still get to Indy tho...

I promise you Burrow wished they had a better OL, I promise you. He should not have been out there, smart fans were calling for him to sit the bench.

on paper 2022 doesnt have many good qbs that could come out.  So it would be wise to snag one this draft

Archived