• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Enough to make a person cry. Alternatives to drafting Little

raleigh-panther

15 minutes ago, Toomers said:

If those two showed “flashes” then Worley and Butler sure did to. If it wasn’t for injuries would Daley have ever even played much at all. And what has Miller shown? It’s every bit as bad as 2016 if not worse. Little is already done. Grier was a waste. Scarlett is gone. What has Daley done this year? And Miller is at home. 

Butler and Worley showing flashes? 
Say What Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Every single team has plenty of stories like this. It’s the draft...no pick is a sure fire success.  No point in dwelling on it.  Unless your the Bears of course, and have to live with the fact that you traded UP to grab a guy in front of Mahomes and Watson LOL

I think we can all agree that we have no trust in Hurney to draft players after the 1st round. This year has been an exception, ex. Jeremy Chinn, Gross-Matos, etc but I believe this is mostly due to Rhule scouting players that fit his system. Hindsight is 20/20 but Hurney has been consistently bad in the later rounds. I hope coach Rhule has a better eye for talent and directs who Hurney drafts. 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watching Little work at the Combine he looked undraftable. 

I knew he'd get drafted because he started out ranked so high as a tackle, but his combine was just... damn. 

I compare tackles to goalies in hockey. If they dont have quick feet and exceptional balance they are going to struggle big time. 

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I knew he'd get drafted because he started out ranked so high as a tackle, but his combine was just... damn. 

I compare tackles to goalies in hockey. If they dont have quick feet and exceptional balance they are going to struggle big time. 

Yeah, that Combine work was just so damn suspicious. He looked so utterly unathletic. He looked like he'd never done those drills before in his life.

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

I think what stings is how huddlers are right over people paid millions...you know like Amini, A Edwards, holding onto jarrett forever, Grier, Paradis signing, M Kalil tagging peppers instead of trading, paying Shaq and not BB, let Norman and norwell walk to pay for Kalils retirement and Olsen to sit on the bench.....I could probably think of a dozen more. 

I mean these moves are criticized with general consensus right here on the huddle when they were made without hindsight...how does this happen?

I always thought we as fans should be wrong more often than not....Huddlers being right vs people in the FO paid millions...I kind of see an weird, backwards issue here

Now Little, pretty sure 80% of this forum was pretty mad about this draft night...especially since Hurney traded up for him...and the cherry on top is he reportedly would’ve taken him in the first round of Burns wasn’t there

I see this as serious issues Hurney has not learned from, this kind of poo is what prevents the Panthers from being a contender, these are Hurney’s biggest flaws rearing it’s head, again.

I’ve been very pro Tepper for everything he has done but the fact he can’t even interview quality candidates because he refuses to fire Hurney is really starting to piss me off as a fan. I love how sneaky this whole ‘interim’ GM bullshit he fed us was...never knew interim meant 5 years ongoing or whatever.

Why even say stuff like that unless you know there is an issue? He knows, just isn’t doing poo about it.

The picks I wanted from that draft.

2nd - Eric McCoy 

3rd #1 - Winovich

3rd #2 - CGJ

These were my picks weeks before the draft. We could have had all 3 but instead we got Little and the worst kept secret draft target in Grier. 

Hurney is just god awful at reading a draft and even worse at figuring out needs and how to fill them. 

Archived