• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is QB the right pick?

rmoneyg35

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Absolutely not. I do not want another weak arm QB. Mac Jones is the fifth guy that should be in the conversation

I don't think Trask's arm is weak, I just think it's fairly average. My issue with Trask is his lack of athleticism and fairly long, slow throwing motion and release. Having an average arm with a slow release is a recipe for pick sixes in the NFL.

Need to see how Zach Wilson handles the pre draft stuff and the Panthers have time to evaluate his character and intangibles.  If we pick 4-6 it appears atp he is the obvious target if those things check out.  That said he definitely has a lot of improving to do to be a good NFL starter.  He is a reach and gamble in that draft range right now so gotta be sure its a calculated risk and he will work to get better.

21 hours ago, cmichd08 said:

What if Lawrence doesn't come out?  Seems he doesn't want to be a Jet and who could blame him.  Do we then wait to to the next draft to go for our QB.  What is the Jr Class of next year looking like.  Makes it interesting doesn't it.  Do we lose the following year with the chance to get our hands on Lawrence or do we take the 2nd best QB in this years draft.

Jets will have a new coaching staff and I bet it will be one that will be geared toward looking more attractive to Lawrence that the current mess.

11 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

Jets will have a new coaching staff and I bet it will be one that will be geared toward looking more attractive to Lawrence that the current mess.

I think the ONLY shot chance Lawrence has of staying (and that is still a tiny percentage) is if Clemson loses to Notre Dame this weekend and they miss out on the college playoff.   But Clemson is healthy this time and Lawrence is playing.....so I assume Trevor will do what he has done every Saturday of his college football career.  Win. 

Lawrence is coming out. The Jets will have to sell him on their situation and path forward, but he's coming out. The bottom line is that when you're the #1 overall pick, you aren't going to be going into an immediately great situation. You're going to the reigning worst team in the league. That's just the way it is. It won't shock me if he pulls an Eli and forces his way out of NY, but he'll be in this year's draft. The Luck comparison doesn't hold up. Luck came from an already wealthy family, I don't think Lawrence does.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lawrence is coming out. The Jets will have to sell him on their situation and path forward, but he's coming out. The bottom line is that when you're the #1 overall pick, you aren't going to be going into an immediately great situation. You're going to the reigning worst team in the league. That's just the way it is. It won't shock me if he pulls an Eli and forces his way out of NY, but he'll be in this year's draft. The Luck comparison doesn't hold up. Luck came from an already wealthy family, I don't think Lawrence does.

Lawrence doesn't' come form a super wealthy family.   But he also doesn't need need NFL money today.  I still say, Clemson's recent track record of having 1st rounders return does keep me from being 100% he will leave.  I'm like 98% certain but, last couple years 1st rounders have returned to play at Clemson.   Them returning probably is more mindboggling than if Trevor did given they have smaller windows to make money than a QB.

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

Lawrence doesn't' come form a super wealthy family.   But he also doesn't need need NFL money today.  I still say, Clemson's recent track record of having 1st rounders return does keep me from being 100% he will leave.  I'm like 98% certain but, last couple years 1st rounders have returned to play at Clemson.   Them returning probably is more mindboggling than if Trevor did given they have smaller windows to make money than a QB.

I think the only shot of that happening is if Lawrence REALLY wants that Heisman trophy in his cabinet. Is that worth forgoing millions for another year and risking injury while playing for free? That's up to him. Peyton Manning decided it was and he still has to visit Charles Woodson to see that Heisman trophy.

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Totally agree with this. My question is, say Lawrence forces his way out of NY, and say the Panthers pick ends up between 4 and 6, what would it take to trade with the Jets? 

43 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Need to see how Zach Wilson handles the pre draft stuff and the Panthers have time to evaluate his character and intangibles.  If we pick 4-6 it appears atp he is the obvious target if those things check out.  That said he definitely has a lot of improving to do to be a good NFL starter.  He is a reach and gamble in that draft range right now so gotta be sure its a calculated risk and he will work to get better.

From the little I have read it appears he is a good leader and a film room nut.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I think the still roll the dice and pick Trevor.  He is just that good

Maybe, but you never know. That team has a lot of needs, and Darnold still has potential. If they could get Wilson or Lance to compete with Darnold while adding other picks to sell a player that doesn't want to be there, you never know. We are talking the Jets

Archived