• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lsst 3 Games

DaveThePanther2008

28 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I glad you have that figured out.  I think losing to Philly really screwed things up for N.O. because their seeding is in the balance.  Worse case scenario is they fall to 3rd seed as the NFCE winner will automatically be 4th but it's much tougher road at 3rd seed than the first. 

Yeah, after looking at the Rams (and Seattle but I think the Rams beat them), it becomes apparent that NO is now in a squeeze due to the Philly loss. For our draft pick, that was a good thing because it took the NO beats KC and GB loses to TN and NO has a 2 game lead off the table. That was our big worry. The Rams play Arizona week 17, who likely are still going for a WC, so not a gimme so NO will want to win even if tied with the Rams. NO doesn’t want the 3 seed, that would be really tough especially if Brees isn’t ready or hits a setback.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Yeah, after looking at the Rams (and Seattle but I think the Rams beat them), it becomes apparent that NO is now in a squeeze due to the Philly loss. For our draft pick, that was a good thing because it took the NO beats KC and GB loses to TN and NO has a 2 game lead off the table. That was our big worry. The Rams play Arizona week 17, who likely are still going for a WC, so not a gimme so NO will want to win even if tied with the Rams. NO doesn’t want the 3 seed, that would be really tough especially if Brees isn’t ready or hits a setback.

OK I'm officially dizzy.

I wasn't expecting Philly to upset N.O. but not surprised as this season has been weird.   The playoff seeding will be difficult outside of the NFCE.

The NFC playoffs are going to be fun to watch.  Anyone can beat anyone.  No team has it all.  New Orleans probably has the most talent.

15 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. Everyone is screaming about MLB because they have PTSD from how bad Whitehead was earlier this season, but IMO CB and FS are our bigger defensive needs right now. Carter isn't great, but he's plenty serviceable at MLB. He's better at MLB than anyone we have at CB or FS.

100% agree with both of you. There’s still a false narrative that our LBs are Whitehead awful and that Douglas is an amazing CB.

The biggest improvement we would see is if we got a shutdown CB.

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

OK I'm officially dizzy.

I wasn't expecting Philly to upset N.O. but not surprised as this season has been weird.   The playoff seeding will be difficult outside of the NFCE.

The NFC playoffs are going to be fun to watch.  Anyone can beat anyone.  No team has it all.  New Orleans probably has the most talent.

Lol. It’s a lot. Just suffice it to say that really funky poo has to happen (especially because the Rams/Seahawks play each other) for NO to not want to beat us or losing to us being very bad for them.

With a healthy Brees, I think they are the best but having to win at LA and at GB and then KC could derail them. Beating GB or LA at home would be far easier.

I think outside KC, there’s a ton of parity and the playoffs are going to be a lot of fun to watch, without worry again. :(

14 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Lol. It’s a lot. Just suffice it to say that really funky poo has to happen (especially because the Rams/Seahawks play each other) for NO to not want to beat us or losing to us being very bad for them.

With a healthy Brees, I think they are the best but having to win at LA and at GB and then KC could derail them. Beating GB or LA at home would be far easier.

I think outside KC, there’s a ton of parity and the playoffs are going to be a lot of fun to watch, without worry again. :(

I also think with Brees being out for so long he's going to be rusty.  I think he'll play against us.  

25 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

i think we win 1 of 3 and screw ourselves in the draft. 

The only people that are worried about draft position are the fans.  

I think we'll be competitive and if we get a couple defensive stops who knows what will happen.

We are playing 3 playoff teams and as noted above all of them are going to be playing for playoff position.

Green Bay wants to hold onto the top spot.

Washington is trying to hold off NYG and Philly (Surprising enough)

If New Orleans gives us the game they end up the 3rd seed and that's will be a tough road for them.  So they'll play.  

I don't think any of these teams are going to give us away. 

Archived