• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I offer you some hope

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wish I knew what our scouts thought of him so I knew what to root for. If we don't care for him, I hope he lights it up. If we really like him, I hope he disappoints.

I'm just gonna say no thanks on Fields to be honest.

Actually was running through thoughts when I felt that the number 3 was still available if we didn't like the QB's outside of TL.

Draft Sewell, tag Moton, pay Curtis and bring in a legit QB...Stafford was on my mind there.  If we just didn't have a Teddy and his stupid contract on our books....

1 hour ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Winning yesterday hurt us option wise, but I really don't think you'll see all 4 QBs go Top 10.  I mean...has that ever even happened? Even in 2017, Mahomes goes 10 as the 2nd QB, Watson at 12. Some teams that aren't completely sold on getting rid of their QB, or can't, like the Falcons are going to take Parsons/Chase/etc.  It will make more sense for some teams to go Jones/Trask. 

If we want Fields/Wilson we probably trade up, but Lance will be there unless teams just get THAT QB hungry this year.  Would also be a great time for Deshaun Watson to demand a trade from the Texans sinking ship and solve our issues. 

There are 15 teams that could draft a QB this year for legitimate reasons. I dont recall there ever being so many teams in need of a QB either. It could be a good year to trade back if you have a top pick and another team is looking for that guy. 

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm just gonna say no thanks on Fields to be honest.

Actually was running through thoughts when I felt that the number 3 was still available if we didn't like the QB's outside of TL.

Draft Sewell, tag Moton, pay Curtis and bring in a legit QB...Stafford was on my mind there.  If we just didn't have a Teddy and his stupid contract on our books....

The problem with going after a veteran QB is Teddy is still gonna hit the books for $20M next year even if he's not on the roster.

4 minutes ago, Snake said:

He's going to out to show what he has now. Big implementations for his draft status. 

He was underwhelming versus a team that's got nowhere near the talent Clemson has.

Believing that he's going to "put on a show" against a far better opponent is a stretch.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

You are the one so sure...telling me to "watch and learn".

I'm asking how strongly you believe in your position?

Yeah I figured you didn't have any. Like I said he's going to perform really well with a full offense. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

He was underwhelming versus a team that's got nowhere near the talent Clemson has.

Believing that he's going to "put on a show" against a far better opponent is a stretch.

Maybe but he's going to do it with a healthy team. I know Clemson is Almighty and loaded but Fields is going to show why he should be drafted top 10.

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Yeah I figured you didn't have any. Like I said he's going to perform really well with a full offense. 

OK.

What is "really perform well", and how much are you willing to wager?

70+ comp %?

3/1 TD's to INT's?

2 TD's passing and 1 rushing?

Wins by 21 or more points?

You are the one saying the average QB is going to "light up Clemson" tell me what that means.

Archived