• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints game moved to 4:25

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Julio said:

At least Green Bay is playing at the same time so the Saints have something to play for and can’t mess up our draft pick purposely.

That was the intent in most likely by the NFL...to keep the drama going.  Had our game stayed at 1:00 and by CHANCE the Panthers beat the Saints, then GB could rest their starters.  The GB game then becomes a yawner and the NFL can't have that.

44 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

That was the intent in most likely by the NFL...to keep the drama going.  Had our game stayed at 1:00 and by CHANCE the Panthers beat the Saints, then GB could rest their starters.  The GB game then becomes a yawner and the NFL can't have that.

Nope. Have to make sure that everything falls in line right according to script. Kind of like how an upstart young QB can't be seen winning over the grizzled ol' veteran making his grand farewell. 

4 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know, then I fen for 7 more months for football.  But I do have plenty to look forward to.

Available Free Agents

Draft and the associated conversations.

OTAs and Mini Camps.

Like every year I have my routine.   Hopefully next year I'll gladly stay up late in January to watch our beloved Panthers playing in the Playoffs.  

Exactly.  We are all basically armchair GMs---and that is when improvement is most likely to occur.

17 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Time change is about home field advantage and keeping the games of Seattle and GB competitive 

Our game as well.  If GB happens to fall behind, the Saints still have a legit shot at #1 and a bye.  The Saints have absolutely no incentive to rest starters when a two week break is on the cards for them if they win.  I don't think they will risk a player who is on an injury, but they won't tank the game.

Archived