• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eagles tanking

MHS831

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

At least the announcing crew is basically calling it for what it is. They haven't straight up said the Eagles are tanking this game but Collinsworth has said everything but those words while beating around the bush regarding some of these baffling coaching calls.

Agreed. Loved Collinsworth saying what I was thinking. Hurts is who you want to see more of not a guy competing to be a backup.

I hope Pederson loses the team over poo like this. The team wants to win and Sudfield looks like a bad Will Grier.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

It hurts your league, however.  Turns it into pro wrestling.  As a fan, I can pull for the team to lose, but as a coach, I think you should try to win.  This is like throwing a game in Vegas--which is a crime.

There should be a committee that investigates and watches these games---if they are determined to be losing on purpose, they should lose the draft pick.

I understand playing bench players if you have it wrapped up, but those players try to win.  These players know what happened.

Why should he? The Eagles have already said he's safe. What is his incentive to win this game? If he's already confirmed as safe he needs to build a better roster. Better draft position gives him a better opportunity to do that. If the Eagles conference call line was bugged I'd bet good money they discussed maybe not going all out to try to win this game. They still might, but practice squad level players are gonna have to do it.

Just now, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

proving a point by defeating the great ron rivera lmao

Exactly.  I just think it was purely ego wanting to show up the former coach of the organization he now runs...  little did he know, Ron lives to lose in those type of moments lol.  Still pisses me off how hard he had our guys out there playing for nothing.  Play the backups, take the L, and prepare for the draft...  but, no, let's establish a winning culture at 4-10 while you've been busy blowing games all year by continuously trotting Teddy out there as a starting QB.  Smh...  I swear as an organization, we just can't get out of our own way.

I mean, talking about tanking is all well and good but you got to look at it from the perspective of the players. The players may look at a coach that is willing to just throw a game against a division rival as a slap to the face. If I was a player on the Eagles defense I'd be beyond pissed about what is going on with the offense right now. In the end though, who really wants to play for a coach who doesn't want to at least look like they play to win regardless of the stakes.

5 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i’m not convinced pederson isn’t planning on quitting. i am in favor of losing games when it makes sense and it makes sense for philly but idk if you want to be this obvious about it lol

That's the thing.  This isn't just tanking...  it's blatant, unapologetic tanking lol.  It's actually jarring to see.

4 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

this has been pro wrestling since before they let manning ride off into the sunset with a super bowl at our expense.

its entertainment. not sport.

I think if you give any coach 2 weeks to game plan vs Ron Rivera, bet on that coach

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It hurts your league, however.  Turns it into pro wrestling.  As a fan, I can pull for the team to lose, but as a coach, I think you should try to win.  This is like throwing a game in Vegas--which is a crime.

There should be a committee that investigates and watches these games---if they are determined to be losing on purpose, they should lose the draft pick.

I understand playing bench players if you have it wrapped up, but those players try to win.  These players know what happened.

Sudfield’s play is borderline wrestling. He looks so bad that it honestly looks like he’s throwing the game. I’m not even saying Pederson put in a backup thinking they wouldn’t win but a backup that’s actually been told to make bad plays. He’s had 3 drives and maybe 8 or so plays. One bad interception, a dropped snap and I think 3 deep sacks. I mean it truly looks like a player has been told to try to lose. That’s a big problem IMHO.

Archived