• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers general manager search update

Prowler2k18

20 minutes ago, Floppin said:

It's more a formality. They can't deny us the interview unless the team was in the playoffs and then we would just have to wait until afterwards. Although I think they allow virtual interviews or somesuch now.

Haven't seen it confirmed whether Dodds accepted or not. The Browns asked to interview him last year and he declined.

Dodds has basically stated that he doesn't want to even interview until he feels like he's ready to crush it as a GM.

Rapoport confirms that Caserio also interviewed for the Texans job today so I'd say both of his interviews were likely virtual.

Heck, most of these interviews were probably virtual. Caserio and Reese would have been the only ones eligible to interview in person since the rest are attached to playoff teams.

Peters could interview in person but I'm guessing he won't. 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't seen it confirmed whether Dodds accepted or not. The Browns asked to interview him last year and he declined.

Dodds has basically stated that he doesn't want to even interview until he feels like he's ready to crush it as a GM.

I get that, but that's not what I was replying to. He specifically stated "unless the Colts say no"

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I get that, but that's not what I was replying to. He specifically stated "unless the Colts say no"

Permission is still required, but because of the way the Patriots screwed Caserio over the league has made it harder for teams to say no.

Obviously, Dodds can still decline.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Correction: Caserio may have interviewed virtually with us, but his Houston Texans interview was conducted in person per Adam Schefter.

The Texans have been trying to land Caserio for 3 years.

Can scratch him off the list then. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Permission is still required, but because of the way the Patriots screwed Caserio over the league has made it harder for teams to say no.

Obviously, Dodds can still decline.

I don't know why I even bother responding to you. But it's not just "harder" it's something they can't do under any circumstances. The Patriots circumvented the rules by putting it into his contract, something the league has since forbidden.

Nobody was bringing up the fact that he can decline the interview. That's fuging obvious Scott. Anyone can obviously decline to be interviewed.

3 minutes ago, NYPantherFan said:

I have no real opinion on any of these guys, but I'm leaning Joe Schoen for some reason. He just looks like he has "it". 

You can see a lot of Joe Schoen here.

It's not a particularly flattering moment for the Panthers, but Schoen sure is happy.

3 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I don't know why I even bother responding to you. But it's not just "harder" it's something they can't do under any circumstances. The Patriots circumvented the rules by putting it into his contract, something the league has since forbidden.

No body was bringing up the fact that he can decline the interview. That's fuging obvious Scott. Anyone can obviously decline to be interviewed.

I wasn't arguing or disagreeing with you.

I'm extremely interested in Dodds as a GM candidate here, but I don't know whether he's even going to interview yet.

I've looked plenty but have yet to see an answer.

Archived