• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston?

FuFuLamePoo

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gantt is right to a degree, but if the owner gives you that assurance and then it's a fake out, THEN he just picks who he wanted the year prior showing they completely had a facade of a legit interview process, I'd be asking out (big run on sentence lol).  Doesn't matter the level of player, they disrespected their guy, in his prime.  

Deshaun seems to be on the block. 

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

Gantt is right to a degree, but if the owner gives you that assurance and then it's a fake out, THEN he just picks who he wanted the year prior showing they completely had a facade of a legit interview process, I'd be asking out (big run on sentence lol).  Doesn't matter the level of player, they disrespected their guy, in his prime.  

Deshaun seems to be on the block. 

The owner shouldn't have given him that assurance in the first place. But if he did, it was stupid to back out on it.

He's not on the block, though. Nor is he going to be. McClain made that clear.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The owner shouldn't have given him that assurance in the first place. But if he did, it was stupid to back out on it.

Well if you decide to believe him, then yeah.  I dunno.  Lot's of noise coming in.  Not Panthers though.

32 minutes ago, saX man said:

Well if you decide to believe him, then yeah.  I dunno.  Lot's of noise coming in.  Not Panthers though.

Yeah, and most of that noise is coming from people who hope it's true.

The Texans have already put forth parameters for what they'd want as a starting offer, and it's not because they expect somebody to pay it, but because they know nobody will.

People can spin any sort of fantasy deal they want, but it ain't happenin'.

How often does a player actually end up not being traded once this stuff starts to happen?

Minnesota said the same thing about Stefon Diggs until a 1st rounder was offered to them. 

It makes no sense for Houston to come out and say they’re trading him. If you’re Houston, you hope someone comes calling with a offer you can’t refuse.

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Watson can easily force their hand if he's committed to doing so.

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Watson can easily force their hand if he's committed to doing so.

It's not really that easy. And Mike Garafolo reiterated this morning that they're not trading him.

What does appear to be happening though is that the Texans are restarting their head coaching search. Speculation is that they'll focus on Eric Bieniemy, the coach that Watson is said to want.

Matt Eberflus of the Colts has reportedly turned them down. Could be because of the chaos but could also be he sees where this is headed.

13 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Patricia, Gase, McDaniels. I don't blame Deshaun one bit for wanting out and if I were him, I'd make the biggest stink possible until it happens.

The entire team might want out if that happens. Just when Texans fans think it can't be worse than BOB, the team says hold my beer

15 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Patricia, Gase, McDaniels. I don't blame Deshaun one bit for wanting out and if I were him, I'd make the biggest stink possible until it happens.

Mangini seems to be the only one thinking that.

John McClain, Aaron Wilson and other Texans / NFL Insiders are reporting that McDaniels isn't even a candidate.

Most think he's going to go after Eric Bieniemy or failing that, Brian Daboll.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not really that easy. And Mike Garafolo reiterated this morning that they're not trading him.

What does appear to be happening though is that the Texans are restarting their head coaching search. Speculation is that they'll focus on Eric Bieniemy, the coach that Watson is said to want.

Matt Eberflus of the Colts has reportedly turned them down. Could be because of the chaos but could also be he sees where this is headed.

It absolutely is easy. If he is 100% adamant about never playing for the Texans again and holds out they will have no choice at all but to trade him. They're not going to turn down the boatload of assets they'd get in a trade just to try to win the fight with Watson. Being the most important person in that franchise right now, he has all of the leverage.

Archived