• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Updated GM Update

Mr. Scot

Not sure what trend y'all are looking at but the majority of those listed are people with personnel and scouting backgrounds. Are you just referencing what Breer said? 7 of the 10 profiles from the link are scouting backgrounds. Not sure who the 11 is as they only show 10

I won my fantasy football league a while back.  Where is the hat in which I should toss my name?  (Dragon Fire)

Seriously--I wonder if  interviewing so many candidates is due to the fact that the GM position is going to have limited/different responsibilities here?  I am speculating---

The split...

Experienced Talent Evaluators:

Jeff Ireland
Adam Peters*
Ed Dodds
Joe Schoen*
Monti Ossenfort
Ryan Poles
Jerry Reese
Nick Caserio (out of the running)

*Peters and Schoen have both said that analytics is a part of their process.

Guys with alternate backgrounds:

Kwesi Adofo-Mensah
Champ Kelly
Brandt Tilis
Nick Matteo (interview declined)

Both Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer have credited the non-traditional choices to David Tepper.

Have said before, if I'm looking at making a financial decision, I'd absolutely ask David Tepper. If it's a football decision though, I'd much rather talk to Matt Rhule.

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

We can hire cap geeks all day to help out. I'm not sure we can have too many talent evaluators. 

And if you have a room full of talent evaluators who give you drastically different evaluations of said talent?  That sounds chaotic.  I'd rather have one or two trusted go-to talent evaluators who are good at their job than a team of them.

17 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

And if you have a room full of talent evaluators who give you drastically different evaluations of said talent?  That sounds chaotic.  I'd rather have one or two trusted go-to talent evaluators who are good at their job than a team of them.

You just described scouts, which every team has a room full of. So you think we should just have one or two?

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

General Manager Search Update (1/7)

Confirms they've completed interviews with Ed Dodds, Adam Peters Ryan Poles Champ Kelly and Brandt Tillis, on top of the others we already knew.

If there's anyone else on the agenda, it isn't mentioned here and I haven't seen it elsewhere.

Do you know if Adam Peters has already interviewed?? If so which day, if possible. I can not find nothing firm. 

Archived